Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

Animal02

Banned
Since you want apples to apples historic comparisons, just how many of those were in a non-opposed, national TV, holiday time spot? I said earlier that we will have to see how many GT fans we can get in the stands, but I have no doubt that Clemson fans will gobble up any remaining tickets for a holiday game on a national stage.

You should be concerned about and thinking of ways to get more GT people to get the tickets first, than worrying about the Clemson game looking like a Georgia State(in the Dome) game on TV.
It is just not that compelling of a match up since it happens every year.
2014 and it was two top 20 teams late in the season and you could not get 50k. It may work out and I hope it does, but judging from past history it will be difficult.
Look at the home attendance in both 14 and 16 the interest was just not there. Attendance has been dropping across the board for college football.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It seems to be very hard to figure some fonts (@Animal02?) out. They (@Animal02) argue that GT will never recruit consistently in the top 25 due to certain challenges. But they (@Animal02) think GT should be ranked in the top 25 while playing an ACC + 3 tough P5 OCG schedule (not that any SEC powerhouse ever plays more than one P5 OCG). They seem to have “glass full” expectations while having “glass totally empty” attitude?
Animal and Whiskey when they are in the minority in threads such as MBS, and other subjects, they feel like they must make up for their lack in numbers by their ad infinitum posts repeating their position over and over and over again. Sort of gums up the threads but otherwise they are OK. [emoji3]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
Animal and Whiskey when they are in the minority in threads such as MBS, and other subjects, they feel like they must make up for their lack in numbers by their ad infinitum posts repeating their position over and over and over again. Sort of gums up the threads but otherwise they are OK. [emoji3]

Putting words in my mouth/ making attributions without a clue.....why am I not surprised. Comical how , despite being in such a minority, the response is personal attacks and opinions proclaimed as facts.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Clemson at GT attendance
2018 - 50,595
2016 - 53, 932
2014 - 49,378
2011 - 55,686
2009 - 52,029

One sellout in over a decade

Considering that ticket prices at BDS have been very reasonable, and since history is the best predictor of future performance.......just what evidence is there for a demand of an additional 15K tickets?
I might add that in 2014 Tech was ranked 24, and Clemp was 18 late in the season.....and we got less than 50k
Was that the year we raised the price by $20?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Putting words in my mouth/ making attributions without a clue.....why am I not surprised. Comical how , despite being in such a minority, the response is personal attacks and opinions proclaimed as facts.
Facts are facts- 2I roll

u guys are so much better when u talk about beer, cruises, vacations and donations.

Soon we can have a back up qb!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna get drunk from all the beers you owe me....LOL

To be honest, I never even pay any attention to ticket costs. I just place my order. Hope that doesn't get me in trouble one of these days.
Talking about beer I was sitting watching TV and drinking a few beers. All of a sudden my wife said you weren't even listening to me were you. I thought that's a funny and weird way to start a conversation , so I just looked at her turn back to watching TV and drinking my beer. Hard to understand women.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Talking about beer I was sitting watching TV and drinking a few beers. All of a sudden my wife said you weren't even listening to me were you. I thought that's a funny and weird way to start a conversation , so I just looked at her turn back to watching TV and drinking my beer. Hard to understand women.
women.....deserve deserve thier own thread!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Thinking about building our brand and attracting Atlanta fans, I think a lot of people and families that don't have a connection to Tech may be more likely to commit to a 3 game package consisting of 2 BDS games other than UGA, and the MBS game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is bigboy football fellas, get used to it. If you don't think UGA or Clemson or Bama would love to pull this deal off for themselves then you're out of touch imo. This is genius on our part. Yea, it may be a tad inconvenient for a couple fans I guess but the ROI for GT football as a whole should put all your complaints to bed. There shouldn't be a single negative comment about this deal whatsoever. Not one.

I’m out of touch. On the bright side I might be “back in touch” in five years.

For the record.....No way in hell Clemson or UGA would give up a marquee home game like ND for the Benz. A CFA game they’d jump on....swapping out a home game....hell nah. But that’s because they are playing peewee and we will be playing big boy football.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I’m out of touch. On the bright side I might be “back in touch” in five years.

For the record.....No way in hell Clemson or UGA would give up a marquee home game like ND for the Benz. A CFA game they’d jump on....swapping out a home game....hell nah. But that’s because they are playing peewee and we will be playing big boy football.

They also don't have an NFL stadium a mile from campus, either...