Official GT announcement, OC and DC

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The telling point is that Temple looked good against Duke for most of the first half and then fell apart. Sorta like we did against Duke. I just hope it's not an omen.
Jeez you worry more about more different things than my maiden aunt. There was NOTHING telling about either the Temple game or ours against Minn except that when your coaching staff and players aren’t completely focused on the game you are playing you’re likely going to get your butt stomped.

slugboy

Staff member
So what does this mean for the Brent Key rumors?
giphy.gif

LibertyTurns

Banned
Fullback and the Tight End. Those players do everything, I hear.
Won’t it be funny if the announcers refer to our fullback as a B Back and our TE as an A back? What are they going to call cut blocks now? We’ll be chopping just like everyone else in this new offense.

slugboy

Staff member
Won’t it be funny if the announcers refer to our fullback as a B Back and our TE as an A back? What are they going to call cut blocks now? We’ll be chopping just like everyone else in this new offense.
Funny thing: I hear people get flustered with the A-back and B-back names, but I hear that we might have an H-back in this offense, and I rarely hear complaints about the backfield tight end as an H-back.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Very weird to me how most of you guys were all over Woody last year even though he was at App State but now you guys are worried about the competition level our new coordinators faced at Temple...
Woody’s defense was very successful at App State and fun to watch. It was easy to get excited about. I’m looking for reason to be similarly excited about these new coordinators.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Very weird to me how most of you guys were all over Woody last year even though he was at App State but now you guys are worried about the competition level our new coordinators faced at Temple...

Dave P isn’t my first choice, but I think he will do a good job. A lot of RPO and some option. It should not be a hard transition. We actually ran some RPO with JT.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Woody’s defense was very successful at App State and fun to watch. It was easy to get excited about. I’m looking for reason to be similarly excited about these new coordinators.
Temple's had highly ranked, aggressive defenses the last two years, despite what happened in the bowl game.