Official: Brent Key is Georgia Tech Football's Head Coach

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve always enjoyed your posts, but here, I disagree.

Tech today needs … stability. I think the Tech community will support this. And that is half the battle. If Key can get Tech to 7 wins … that’s a huge step forward.
That’s good, because this feels like 7 wins. Every year.

But he does have 100% of my support and will be pulling for him to be the next Bobby Ross.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That’s good, because this feels like 7 wins. Every year.

But he does have 100% of my support and will be pulling for him to be the next Bobby Ross.
I read Clemson’s plan. Get to 65% win rate. Then, get to 70% rate … etc etc etc.

We have historically had NO PLAN. The first step is … get back to your historicAl win rate.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Mark Bradley's take:

This feels like the right hire. It mightn’t feel that way five years from now, but we’re not living in 2027. We’re living at a time when Georgia Tech is trying to correct the biggest wrong in Institute annals. Brent Key feels like the right place to start.

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I was a "BOB" guy at first, but began to think Tech could not afford him. If it really is Key, as it seems to be, I am ecstatic with that. Surround him with good OC
and OL assistants, keep Thacker and most of the D coaches, and we can build from that. I am pumped !!:gt::buzz:(y)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Mark Bradley's take:
I remember when Curry was hired. Norm van Brocklin said being a “Tech Man” made him puke.

The nighttime pep rallies were awesome. That’s where they introduced Buzz. Coeds wanted to have Curry’s baby.

The ND game of 1980. The win at Legion Field in 1981. Two of the three greatest games in my lifetime.

Key will be great. I’m finally looking forward to Tech football.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Mark Bradley's take:

Ugh, well... I was a Brent Key guy until I read that. If Bark Madley likes it, I'm out. Where do we start the 'Fire Brent Key' thread?? (tic)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’ve always enjoyed your posts, but here, I disagree.

Tech today needs … stability. I think the Tech community will support this. And that is half the battle. If Key can get Tech to 7 wins … that’s a huge step forward.
I also enjoy your posts. Yes, 7 wins is possible & probably his ceiling.

Again, unless he hires a genius OC.

Opinions are just that. Opinions.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I can't wait to see the people who gripe about Key and how much they disapprove of him on every thread. The dinner bell is ringing.

As the #1 anti-Key guy, I'll have you know you'll see none of that from me.

He's the guy so that means he's now my guy and he'll get 100% of my support.

One thing I can't stand is folks nibblin' away because the person hired wasn't their top choice. It's not about you, so to speak. It's about the Institute. Too many folks forget that.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I’m not excited about this hire. In my mind, he better get a great OC very fast.

I am rooting for him, but I still don’t see superior HC material with BK.

GT football is in dire straits & old boy network got what they wanted.

PS. Didn’t need to pay a search firm for this hire.
Got it. We should have hired you as AD.