Off Season Priorities

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well now that the season is over, what does everyone think needs to be addressed before spring practice?

For me:

1. A kicker who is reliable from at least 40 yards. In no way should we tolerate a third year of field goal ineptitude.

2. Another OL transfer, preferably a tackle. I’m not aware of the Cochran situation, but would love if he was interested in trying again next year.

3.Close out recruiting class strong by holding onto current commits and at least landing Ball.

If these happened, I’d feel pretty good heading into Spring.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well now that the season is over, what does everyone think needs to be addressed before spring practice?

For me:

1. A kicker who is reliable from at least 40 yards. In no way should we tolerate a third year of field goal ineptitude.

2. Another OL transfer, preferably a tackle. I’m not aware of the Cochran situation, but would love if he was interested in trying again next year.

3.Close out recruiting class strong by holding onto current commits and at least landing Ball.

I'd like to see us stay with Stewart at kicker and our tackles should be Quinney and Williams next year. Our biggest question is going to be at the guard spots.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

For me:

PK
OL
DT

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

For me:

If these happened, I’d feel pretty good heading into
If might be easier to just list where we don’t need more/better talent.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If might be easier to just list where we don’t need more/better talent.
I saw a projection on the Athletic from Stewart Mandel placing us in a bowl game. Have we officially declined any potential bowl invitations? Before someone responds about our record, the six win threshold was eliminated this year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I saw a projection on the Athletic from Stewart Mandel placing us in a bowl game. Have we officially declined any potential bowl invitations? Before someone responds about our record, the six win threshold was eliminated this year.

I saw a tweet stating that we might be open to one if offered. Just can't find it again yet.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Line play.

That's where we need to improve the most and where improvement will have the greatest impact.

Other than that LB play, getting Sims more practice reps and film study, and ideally getting BlackStrain and Blackburn in and getting reps are probably the biggest priorities for me. Obviously the last one is dependent on the recruits which I have no idea if either of them are planning on doing that.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think we need to see a improvement in the line backer position. Guys like Tyson meiguez and khatavian franks should be able to step up after spending a whole season getting their body’s in shape to play. I think we will definitely see a major improvement in the DE’s, I thought kennard and Ivey came on strong at the end of the year and Dominick should improve even more. I think the tide ends need to be a way bigger part of the offensive plan which should happen with Blackburn coming in.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Fixing special teams/place kicking seems like the fastest or easiest way to change the score of the games we are playing. Hopefully a full, uninterrupted offseason will fix that. From there we really have to hope we see some development on the lines. I am nervous what they will look like, especially the OL. Hopefully some of last years OL recruits (outside of Williams) have made some good progress during practice/weight room this season.

You start with PK and better OL play and you can quickly change how much we can score and hold on to the ball and not tire our defense out.

The secondary play is probably where I want to see the next largest improvement.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
1) Work on OL we desperately need it.
2) Work on Sims going through his reads and clean up turnovers.
3) Fire our ST coach and get a new one.

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd like to see another QB play for an extended period of time at least a full quarter
Baffling why a backup was not given an opportunity this season as there were plenty of opportunities to do so. Just like to see of another player can get some experience if the starter were to go down.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see another QB play for an extended period of time at least a full quarter
Baffling why a backup was not given an opportunity this season as there were plenty of opportunities to do so. Just like to see of another player can get some experience if the starter were to go down.

Going to be tough to find a quarter for anyone to play during the offseason....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Spring game. Maybe if we go to a bowl this year but I don't see it happening

Spring game features the team split into two teams each needing a QB so that's a given.

In terms of a bowl game, or this season entirely, people vastly overrate the importance of the back up having experience when you are stating a true freshman QB. The starter having the needed experience is vastly more important than getting the back up experience, especially since there is a very good chance the back up/ups won't be here next year.