Film Study OFF scheme vs. Temple

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Fumbling the ball because it got a direct hit from a helmet while being tackled is not a coaching issue. Fumbling the ball while needlessly trying to extend it over the goal line is a coaching issue.
Well then to be fair we have to say the fumble late in the game against Tennessee in 2017 and the fumble late in the game against USF in 2018 were coaching issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Huh? I don't see anyone calling for LJ to start or play, but he played when he was healthy. He didn't play last week, but he wasn't dressed due to an injury. I'm just pointing out that last week is not indicative of whether the QB carousel will stop since LJ was injured. As I just said, we'll see this week, if LJ is healthy.

I don't think he has fully recovered from his leg injury. He just does not look the same.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I agree... The overall perception of Clemson has changed... At the same time, whenever we are comparing coaches and talking about their records, we look at their overall record (at least in serious discussions and not narrative driven ones) and don't say "Well I'm going exclude that year because of injuries or bad luck or having to learn a new system".
I hope CGC becomes the next Bobby Dodd and leads us to a new golden age of football. Even if he does that, he is still going to have to own up to his entire coaching record - including this year.

I just hope we win more than we lose in a couple of years.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
The amount of missed assignments is staggering. That’s what I see.

Funny, some other coach used to grouse about missed assignments and the general sense was "stop blaming your players".

It's funny, because if you ask most coaches, "When things break down on a play, what % is the player's fault?" most coaches would say "100%" ...

Right now our OL is doing it's best "we're coached by that other guy" impersonation.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sick of reading about an offense that we don’t have anymore, thats what i care about your post......who gives a flying f#k how many times we ran actual triple-o last year?

Like I said, I didn't start the topic. More than half the **** posted isn't worth reading - including your comments about mine.

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a board based on content and making the fan base more knowledgeable, so i will try my best to keep it just about that

Biggest gripe has been playing to our strength, not doing enough of a certain play and not have a gameplan. That couldn’t be the furthest from truth. Here

giphy.gif

Here we have the Triple. One, i think this shouldve been ran to the boundary bc of the numbers, but look at Quinney and the Center Cooper. Quinney muddles it up who the read key is and Cooper absolute whiffed on the MLB leading Oliver get crushed

We tried screens to get behind the pass rush but no one is biting
giphy.gif

We are close to big gains. Here is a RB trap play.
Quinney pass sets to get the DE upfield and the DT is unblocked. Unfortunately, Temple appears to be running a stunt and messing the blocking assignment up. If the guard blocks the DE instead of the DT this is 10+yd run

giphy.gif

Coach P gameplan was to get Oliver comfortable and attack single Cov 3 and Cov 1 with verticals and PRO-STYLE CONCEPTS such as Levels and Flood

Back to playing to your strength, we know the OL is not where it needs to be, but we have to be able throw to be effective. We moved the pocket a lot with rollouts and bootlegs.

Here is a Flood concept with Tobias

giphy.gif

Great way to slow the flow LB down get your QB out the pocket. Oliver delivers a strike unfortunately, it was dropped

Here the drags you guys asked for. Oliver probably should’ve shot it to flats quick
giphy.gif

Here is a pro style mesh concept with the drags and a post deep

giphy.gif

A big Cov 3 killer are comebacks, verticals and deep out

giphy.gif

The comebacks worked great and Coach P set it up with this next play: out n up. Sanders should’ve ran thru the ball imo

giphy.gif

It’s not much, but these gifs show we indeed had a game plan and was effective. We have to capitalize and execute at high level of want to win any more games this year

Animal02

Banned
Well then to be fair we have to say the fumble late in the game against Tennessee in 2017 and the fumble late in the game against USF in 2018 were coaching issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So is fielding a punt inside the 10 yard line, not containing on a kick off, etc, Special teams caused me to shake my head for years.