OC Hire

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Kiffin is making $950k as FAUs Head Coach, if we offer $1M a year as OC, is it enough to draw him away from FAU?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been screaming Matt Canada since it looked like we were moving away from the 3O.

Maryland has no QB passing skill and he ran a lot of spread read and option stuff with them to mask that short coming.
At Pitt he ran a lot of Jet sweep motion and used H backs running and passing. He could find ways to use guys like Cottrell and Mason at slot and h back.
He molds the offense to the talent, and I think he’d be a good pick to transition the offense. Don’t know how long it would be before he got a job offer as a HC closer to his roots, like Indiana.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been screaming Matt Canada since it looked like we were moving away from the 3O.

Maryland has no QB passing skill and he ran a lot of spread read and option stuff with them to mask that short coming.
At Pitt he ran a lot of Jet sweep motion and used H backs running and passing. He could find ways to use guys like Cottrell and Mason at slot and h back.
He molds the offense to the talent, and I think he’d be a good pick to transition the offense. Don’t know how long it would be before he got a job offer as a HC closer to his roots, like Indiana.
I bet Matt Canada goes to Temple

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Temples offense was pretty interesting he may come with him.

I have no real insight, but the only article I saw addressing Temple's current OC was that he was way too inexperienced and they were not happy with him. May have just been one journalists opinion though.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Mason is a straight up RB and could start this coming up year imo.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
His current guy runs a lot of I formation with old school FBs. I think if that’s probably not going to be the best fit, and will make the transition / rebuild process even worse.
I just watched two highlight videos from Temple's season and they just seem to run pure shotgun zone read, rpo, and speed option stuff. If anything the two highlights I watched, they had a lot of success running the speed option from shotgun.