OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Here's the lists we want to pull from:

I just can't believe that TStan would let CGC keep his same staff. I think TStan will be involved ( a lot ?) in whoever is hired.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I think we should hire more coaches from Temple.
Offensive Coordinator: Zach Kittley from Western Kentucky (#3 offense in college football this year)
Defensive Coordinator: David Reeves from UAB (top 10 total defense nationally in 2018, 2019, and 2020)
I've heard some good things about Zach Kittley.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I hope we don't waste the effort of changing either. We know collins is here again next year. Why not give the next guy the opportunity to clean house? I just hope we find a hungry coach that has proven he can win next year and let him surround himself with talent.

slugboy

Staff member
I think it's set in stone and already decided.
I don’t know if Collins coming back means for staff changes, or what’s planned as of yet, but I don’t see how even a narrow victory over a #1 team changes anyone’s opinions or job evaluations. We’re just guessing whether any coordinators or position coaches might be moving on. They’re educated guesses though, but some teams would have made changes after Citadel or NIU. Even a major blowout victory over UGA isn’t going to overcome three years of history.

Another game like Notre Dame could make a dent, though, and put more jobs at risk — and that’s more than possible.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know if Collins coming back means for staff changes, or what’s planned as of yet, but I don’t see how even a narrow victory over a #1 team changes anyone’s opinions or job evaluations. We’re just guessing whether any coordinators or position coaches might be moving on. They’re educated guesses though, but some teams would have made changes after Citadel or NIU. Even a major blowout victory over UGA isn’t going to overcome three years of history.

Another game like Notre Dame could make a dent, though, and put more jobs at risk — and that’s more than possible.
If the Jackets beat Ugag, I'll be eternally grateful and at the same time eternally bewildered. It's just not something I can wrap my head around as even a remote possibility.
A "blowout"? Wha?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I believe the way he runs practices is one of the fundamental issues.

Possibly. The thought has crossed my mind. We look worse on defense after having a full offseason than we did last year. It may be a case where football practice wasn't broke, so why fix it? The good news would be this is very correctable if it is indeed a major cause of our problems.