OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think OC is the problem
So the scheme is good and the plays we are calling in the order they are called is good? I can’t be convinced of that right now, but let’s say that it’s players not executing. If so then at this point they should change the scheme. You need to run something your players CAN execute, and I’m certain we could do something that would put us middle of the pack instead of bottom of the barrel.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I thought everything was about pro optics!
Edit to add, but seriously Godsey as a QB coach can't be worse than coach P. Can you honestly say you've seen mechanical changes in the way we play the position. Yates is about the only thing i've seen but we know he was working with a third party coach each offseason.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We need to have a OC or at least a very good QB coach that can get our QB into the NFL. Others will follow. Right now I don't see any position group that has an identity that looks like NFL caliber development. That's what these kids seem to want these days.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I thought everything was about pro optics!
Edit to add, but seriously Godsey as a QB coach can't be worse than coach P. Can you honestly say you've seen mechanical changes in the way we play the position. Yates is about the only thing i've seen but we know he was working with a third party coach each offseason.
Do you honestly think he would quit a OC job in the NFL to come be our QB coach? Or our OC, how could we afford him? And he has never shown any interest in cfb or GT

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Yes and yes…

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Do you honestly think he would quit a OC job in the NFL to come be our QB coach? Or our OC, how could we afford him? And he has never shown any interest in cfb or GT

He's not an OC directly at miami he's got a co coardiantor and TE coach title. But he's at the dolphins he might be gone with the entire staff in a year.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I bet he misses it, i doubt he would be thrilled about coaching against VT though....
not sure that it would sit well in Blacksburg...
They worshipped him!!😂

Attachments

• 248.jpeg
    248.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 17