Observations

Buzzoff

Georgia Tech Fan
Synjyn was great at the end but no Dwyer

Laskey was good.

Hoping for a BB to emerge that is in the Laskey range. But I don't see another Synjyn this year.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Synjyn had a better Orange Bowl than Dwyer. That was good enough for me this season.
So true. We actually had a shot at winning the 09 game, then JD tried to make something out of nothing and ended up losing about 15-20 yards. God that game sucked!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So true. We actually had a shot at winning the 09 game, then JD tried to make something out of nothing and ended up losing about 15-20 yards. God that game sucked!
Even after the Dwyer fiasco, we had a good chance to win. We punted to Iowa and forced them into a 3rd and long. At this point, Iowa only led by a mere 3 points. Forcing a punt would have given us the ball back with plenty of time, good field position and chance to tie with a field goal or get the go ahead td. What happened, you say... they converted the 3rd down and went on to score a game deciding td. What I still remember to this day is Iowa's qb being chased from behind by our All American DE Derrick Morgan who was completely running on fumes at that point and unable to catch him.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Even after the Dwyer fiasco, we had a good chance to win. We punted to Iowa and forced them into a 3rd and long. At this point, Iowa only led by a mere 3 points. Forcing a punt would have given us the ball back with plenty of time, good field position and chance to tie with a field goal or get the go ahead td. What happened, you say... they converted the 3rd down and went on to score a game deciding td. What I still remember to this day is Iowa's qb being chased from behind by our All American DE Derrick Morgan who was completely running on fumes at that point and unable to catch him.
And I distinctly remember Morgan Burnett, chasing the RB to the edge on a crucial 3rd down, getting held (no call, natch) with his jersey being stretched out behind him. Easily would have made the tackle behind the line and given us the ball back with a couple minutes left down only 3.