O-line vs VT

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
No more!! From now on it's the MAULERS!!! Or the mauling machine, or the mauling line, or the mauling jackets!! I watched the replay and these guys are as much fun to watch as guys with the ball! Mauler Braun as the play was almost over; hit that big #99 so hard that 99 went heels over head! If any of you maulers when ball is snapped and you loose your man just maul another villain! Don't even think about it or you will loose a second. In hi sch. A guy bucked up to me dancing around and hit me on my forehead! Well all of a sudden I ran over him as hard I could and wound on top of him stretching his mouth. I did not feel anything as I hit him. When in the service I rounded 3rd base and low in behold the catcher was covering the plate. To bad for him as I ran over him his jaw was broken and I could not feel a thing. It's like if you don't think about what is about to happen and you make a huge hit you will not feel it yourself. Think about the play as you brake the huddle and then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are the five steamrollers:cool:

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
No, the starters played basically every down, Hansen had to come out for a few plays when he got dinged. But I can't remember any other changes
Charlie Clark came in when Hansen went out. It feels like Will and Jahaziel got caught in between positions, but have we ever had 2 better experienced backups than those 2?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Charlie Clark came in when Hansen went out. It feels like Will and Jahaziel got caught in between positions, but have we ever had 2 better experienced backups than those 2?

I dont think will is completely healthy also lee started at tackle

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am thinking a random 50-50 mix of cut and straight line blocking may be the most effective. When the D line is watching out for their knees, they get plowed. When they are then expecting a straight push block and have their attention up higher- all of a sudden they are on the ground from a cut block.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
My fave has always been what Eric Zier said during CofH 2014:

"They have our DL on skates!"
EZ is an idiot. I once heard him say that a UGA receiver “got hit by three different defenders, each one coming from 2 different directions”, and watching a replay showed only one person touched him. He makes up stuff to appease the nad licker listeners. One time when they were playing our good guys, after a questionable call, he stated that Mark Richt was worried all week about getting shafted by the ACC officials. First of all, I don’t think MR would say something like that, but more importantly, it was an SEC crew calling the game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
.m.4 TV
I dont think will is completely healthy also lee started at tackle
He is fine.
I think he skimmed down from rg weight to help the team log jam at guard, stick out, marshall maybe .
Took one for team.
I think they slim our guys down more than they need to - defoor 6-5 down from 305 (spring) to 287.

BUT
As I posted on different thread, front 7 2 deep by = 2 upper class man and 12 underclass men. Our new guys were going against guys their own age who were not that experienced w our offense.

The year is still a gantlet where will and lee are going to be useful.

UNC is the opposite = 12 upper class men and 2 underclassmen. Young gun dc.
Our young guys will be tested.

Ditto miami= 11 upperclassmen and 3 underclassmen. These guys are beasts.

UVA 8 and 6.

Going to be a great 4 games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
.m.4 TV

He is fine.
I think he skimmed down from rg weight to help the team log jam at guard, stick out, marshall maybe .
Took one for team.
I think they slim our guys down more than they need to - defoor 6-5 down from 305 (spring) to 287.

BUT
As I posted on different thread, front 7 2 deep by = 2 upper class man and 12 underclass men. Our new guys were going against guys their own age who were not that experienced w our offense.

The year is still a gantlet where will and lee are going to be useful.

UNC is the opposite = 12 upper class men and 2 underclassmen. Young gun dc.
Our young guys will be tested.

Ditto miami= 11 upperclassmen and 3 underclassmen. These guys are beasts.

UVA 8 and 6.

Going to be a great 4 games.
UNC has the guys back from Shoe gate but Suratte is hurt. They will not be easy and better than their record. This is a trap game for us. They will test our secondary. I still cringe whenever we kickoff.

jimholman7

Georgia Tech Fan
No, it is not just you.

When, for whatever reason, cpj & cms allow our OL to play big boy football this is what happens. Just look at ugag 2014.

I think a lot of it has to with called 3O or 2O plays which need cut to open the edge for the possibility of a pitch. TOs plays have been mostly called BB dives, called QB keeps, and called pitches. Less of a need to cut in these cases. CPJ is also doubling D linemen more than I've ever seen. Hard to double and cut without a chop block call.

Saying this, I like moving away from cut blocking as it also makes it harder for the D line to know run or pass. Traditionally, when the D line sees us not cut block, they know it's a pass.