O-line vs VT

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The announcer said the same thing I was thinking last night but was scared to say out loud: they were blocking similarly to the 2014 offensive line. They looked great. Here’s the thing though...I posted this same thought earlier in the year after, maybe during, the USF game. The line looked great WHEN THEY WERE BLOCKING FOR TOBIAS. Is it possible that the simpler offensive scheme that we are running for Tobias is also beneficial to the OL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The announcer said the same thing I was thinking last night but was scared to say out loud: they were blocking similarly to the 2014 offensive line. They looked great. Here’s the thing though...I posted this same thought earlier in the year after, maybe during, the USF game. The line looked great WHEN THEY WERE BLOCKING FOR TOBIAS. Is it possible that the simpler offensive scheme that we are running for Tobias is also beneficial to the OL?

TO last night played like Justin Thomas did in the Orange Bowl against Mississippi State in my opinion:cool:

Deleted member 2897

I think it can't hurt if you're running the same plays over and over in terms of missed assignments.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or did it seem like we weren't cutting as much as usual? Seemed like we were just lining up and pushing their D line backwards 4-5 yards on a lot of plays.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or did it seem like we weren't cutting as much as usual? Seemed like we were just lining up and pushing their D line backwards 4-5 yards on a lot of plays.

It seems we've gotten away from cutting. Doing more drive blocking now. It seemed the Hokies were lined up a bit more off the LOS than usual, mimicking Duke. But they looked more like Louisville out there against our OL than Duke. I don't know how they beat the Blue Devils. Our OL performance against Duke and VT were night and day.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

No, it is not just you.

When, for whatever reason, cpj & cms allow our OL to play big boy football this is what happens. Just look at ugag 2014.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Duke sent lb and vt didnt.
Vt put nt up close to c g and we double teamed him all night because the g had no other read.

The other 2 down line men were back off the line.

The safeties never came up 9 men in the box style to make reads difficult.

I know the coaches let the young guys practice all week with the vets not getting reps.

I know that was painful. But with the reps the young guys got in this game they are playing faster. If we can scratch out a win at unc , we will be set for last 3 games. We will have young guys with solid experience and some vets ready to kick *** when they get in game. Did u see lee and Bryan chasing safeties down at the end. They are ready to rumble.

Now we need our defense to show theyc can stop the pass. We play 3 good teams.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
One of the things we were doing to Vt was snapping the ball when they were mid stem. It lead to the tackles beign on their heals and getting blown up. We did this will running qb sweep. So minimal risk in ball handling.