O-line vs VT

Milwaukee

Banned
VT has now lost to two teams with losing records and backup QBs starting while allowing 49 points. Tech and ODU.

They’re garbage and Fuente was massively overrated.

Fuente isn't great but those 2 losses were on Foster more than Fuente. I seriously don't understand how Foster has a job this morning after last night. Qb left, qb right, qb left, qb right 40 times against a legendary coordinator. I'm still in shock and have no idea what in the hell Foster was even doing last night. But I'll take it none the less.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
The announcer said the same thing I was thinking last night but was scared to say out loud: they were blocking similarly to the 2014 offensive line. They looked great. Here’s the thing though...I posted this same thought earlier in the year after, maybe during, the USF game. The line looked great WHEN THEY WERE BLOCKING FOR TOBIAS. Is it possible that the simpler offensive scheme that we are running for Tobias is also beneficial to the OL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone speak in lay terms to me about what was different about our blocking scheme? The reporter on the ground said that they were blocking "differently" and that VT had "likely never seen it before" - I've tried to read all the posts after the game, but if they do mention the blocking, I don't understand what it means. Just looking for some generalization about what we did if that's possible....thanks!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Fuente isn't great but those 2 losses were on Foster more than Fuente. I seriously don't understand how Foster has a job this morning after last night. Qb left, qb right, qb left, qb right 40 times against a legendary coordinator. I'm still in shock and have no idea what in the hell Foster was even doing last night. But I'll take it none the less.
He has been there I think +20 years maybe not as good as he once was but I still think he is safe.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
A HC can often stifle a coordinator by forcing them to gameplan or play a different way than they think is best. This happened with Lane at Bama as an OC and Matt Canada under Orgeron. Dabo did it too early in his career and Chad Morris only came on with a guarantee that he would have total control over the offense. I don't know for sure if that is the case here but it definitely might be. There's also the recruiting angle and the HC has the final call on offers, so the types of under-the-radar guys VT built their defense around might not make Fuente's big board. Those types of players might be critical for Foster to run his defense like he wants to. It is one reason I'm glad that CPJ let's his DC run that side of the ball as independently as they can. They're going to sink or swim on their own for better or worse.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
GT totally steamrolled the Gobblers last night:cool:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No Bryan is fine
Utility guy I guess and I guess guy when we play more complicated defense .

Played a ton at Duke when marshall was replaced by idemeyer who needed help.

He and lee are chomping at bit

Getting " pub" but not much time.
Got to give marshall time after long come back from injury and he s solid. Quinney needs time when he s effective.

7043.jpeg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the coaches deserve any credit/kudos? They sure take the blame when we lay an egg.
Absolutely- if the unc coaches got an ata boy for putting 530 yes on the turkeys, he k yea we deserve one 2.

One game at a boy!
Let's get the unc offense off the field and get a double atta boy.

Remember the players just need to do as they are told.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
No more!! From now on it's the MAULERS!!! Or the mauling machine, or the mauling line, or the mauling jackets!! I watched the replay and these guys are as much fun to watch as guys with the ball! Mauler Braun as the play was almost over; hit that big #99 so hard that 99 went heels over head! If any of you maulers when ball is snapped and you loose your man just maul another villain! Don't even think about it or you will loose a second. In hi sch. A guy bucked up to me dancing around and hit me on my forehead! Well all of a sudden I ran over him as hard I could and wound on top of him stretching his mouth. I did not feel anything as I hit him. When in the service I rounded 3rd base and low in behold the catcher was covering the plate. To bad for him as I ran over him his jaw was broken and I could not feel a thing. It's like if you don't think about what is about to happen and you make a huge hit you will not feel it yourself. Think about the play as you brake the huddle and then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!