Now BRONCO? WTH, Coastal?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Me. I would be the worst part. I promise.
I'd have to add UVA to my teams to watch. Woudl join GT Georgia southern, Miss St (now i alway swatch mike leach with what other coach can you ever watch a QB throw for 9 tds and still lose the game) Army/ Navy and wherever kiffen is coaching if hes on.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Me. I would be the worst part. I promise.
Getting a lot of this energy right now

I'm Not in Danger, I am the Danger - Album on Imgur

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I kind of understand after 30 years of coaching why he threw in the towel. The first thing would be over 200 players in the transfer portal!! What a nightmare that could be.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
They (uva AD, money guys) will never have the balls for Monken (or any other CPJ disciple)
I don’t know man, UVA really likes that old school vibe. I could kind of see them embracing a throw back style.

I’d love to see another P5 run the CPJ style flex option even if we had to play against it. I have enjoyed following army and would like to see a school out real money behind doing it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tbh, I was not a big bronco fan. I'm hoping for chadwell
How come you did not care for Bronco? He seemed to win more than he lost which is not always a given in the Coastal. My limited perception is that he could be...shall we say...a bit difficult in dealings with the media and fans. Is it because he did not beat Virginia Tech enough or something else? I beg your pardon, it would appear that Bronco was 36-38 in his time at UVA. Could it be that he is not happy with the direction of college football and decided he had enough of the portal, the paying players, the blatant cheating, the continuing and ever widening divide between the semi pros and everyone else? Can't say I blame him.

Last edited:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know man, UVA really likes that old school vibe. I could kind of see them embracing a throw back style.

I’d love to see another P5 run the CPJ style flex option even if we had to play against it. I have enjoyed following army and would like to see a school out real money behind doing it.
I think it would be cool, except that we have to play them every year. Their recruiting would def take a serious nosedive and you know they (and every other school considering such a change) are watching GT’s transition away from it and thinking- Hell no!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I don't think anybody in the ACC will hire Monken; it's all that "the option is boring, kids don't want to play in it, ect., ect." stuff. And that's all for the best, imho. He may be available next year when we ditch Collins.

And I'm also surprised that UVA let Bronco resign without a fight. He'a already proven he can win there and he's led at least one team to a MNC. I mean, really, what do they want? Something more then egg in their beer, obviously.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
And I'm also surprised that UVA let Bronco resign without a fight. He'a already proven he can win there and he's led at least one team to a MNC. I mean, really, what do they want? Something more then egg in their beer, obviously.

They tried to talk him out of it. Bronco just doesn't want to coach anymore.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I don't think anybody in the ACC will hire Monken; it's all that "the option is boring, kids don't want to play in it, ect., ect." stuff. And that's all for the best, imho. He may be available next year when we ditch Collins.

36-38

mnc? When?