Now BRONCO? WTH, Coastal?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
His QBs had 3,100+ yards passing, 29 TDs, 4 Ints, 70%+ completion.

That's not CPJ's option. Any AD and fanbase that thinks this is CPJ's kind of option deserves not to have him. I will gladly take Chadwell.

This is partly because his triple option has a forward throw to it so a lot of pitch yards is passing. (its an overhand throw not the kind we use to do where JT would step back and pitch to make it a throw)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is partly because his triple option has a forward throw to it so a lot of pitch yards is passing. (its an overhand throw not the kind we use to do where JT would step back and pitch to make it a throw)

It's also because his offense is awesome!

OFEI
2021 #19
2020 #9

Also took Coastal program into the FBS level. This guy just wins and puts up numbers wherever he goes.

slugboy

Staff member
Chadwell is the modern day version of CPJ...but younger. He's going to make a P5 AD look like a genius for the next decade.

I'm hoping the dominoes don't fall in line for him to leave Coastal this year and TStan is smart enough to get him next season. I
Why leave coastal when you have a top 25 team there, unless it’s for Brian Kelly money?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Why leave coastal when you have a top 25 team there, unless it’s for Brian Kelly money?
Even jumping to a program like GT would be a huge jump in $$$ without getting Brian Kelly money. I think he's only making about $850k/yr at Coastal

Techster

Helluva Engineer

It's relative. Chadwell makes less than $1 million per year. Plus, as a competitive coach, you want to compete against the highest levels. CPJ was winning and his job security was unquestioned at Navy. He left because he wanted to compete and win championships.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It's also because his offense is awesome!

OFEI
2021 #19
2020 #9

Also took Coastal program into the FBS level. This guy just wins and puts up numbers wherever he goes.
Very much so but I think I ran the numbers one year might have been after 2014 and if it got credit for pitch yards he was close to those numbers not to say everything js like that but this is also why the pop pass is a thing instead of a jet handoff.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s actually not that great, i think Al Groh might actually have a better winning percentage?
With years of hindsight now, what is everyone’s take on Al Groh? I still remember when CPJ was asked about the defensive failures and he said of Groh, “It’s not like he’s forgotten how to coach.” And then there were Groh’s comments about “what a mess things were at Tech.”

I liked Groh but it was almost like he had a nervous breakdown at Tech. I never heard the final definitive take on what that was all about.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, monken is being bandied about today on the sabre.
Animated GIF

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He saw the writing on the wall. UVA loses their star QB , has no really good players otherwise and a defense worse than ours.