Northwestern

Deleted member 2897

Going for the sweep starting at 6PM. Hard to sweep any P5 team. We have a chance.

Yup. Gotta be greedy and keep the energy and desire high. Don't want to have 2 straight blowouts then lose in a squeaker. Jump out early and keep your foot on the throttle.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought Hall would pick English over Hughes (if one of those 2 was his thinking) to finish Gm1. Now Hughes is off table for the upcoming game. And assuming English starts at 1B, he could be needed to pitch after playing ~16 innings of baseball. Just a thought.

Hopefully, the brooms are ready to go!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, Hurter is a legitimate starter. 13k and 0 BB. 7 inning shutout. 69 0f 90 pitches for strikes; 77%.

But then Hall had to change, which was ok with Hurter at 90 pitches and lots of pitching depth. Gibson flames out and loads the bases. Genius strikes and Hall puts in English who has played all day. Didn't end well.

At the end of the weekend, we won the series like we should. And have done nothing to distinguish ourselves to move up. We are stuck in the middle.

Start ACC play next week and the competition will be a lot better than NW. Much better.

Another missed opportunity. Just like last year where we saw the opportunities slip away, especially on the road. We should have swept NW, they aren't that good.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Tough way to lose a game, especially after the start Hurter made. However, it's tough to sweep a doubleheader and it seemed like the guys had some "tired" swings tonight. Excellent pitching this weekend, except for one inning, and our rotation will help win a lot of series this year.

We need to sweep KSU this week and then take 2/3 from Miami.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, Hurter is a legitimate starter. 13k and 0 BB. 7 inning shutout. 69 0f 90 pitches for strikes; 77%.

But then Hall had to change, which was ok with Hurter at 90 pitches and lots of pitching depth. Gibson flames out and loads the bases. Genius strikes and Hall puts in English who has played all day. Didn't end well.

At the end of the weekend, we won the series like we should. And have done nothing to distinguish ourselves to move up. We are stuck in the middle.

Start ACC play next week and the competition will be a lot better than NW. Much better.

Another missed opportunity. Just like last year where we saw the opportunities slip away, especially on the road. We should have swept NW, they aren't that good.
They aren't that good, but they're good enough to have not been swept by Duke and BYU as well. I didn't mind the pitching change either, it just happened that Gibson didn't have it tonight.

Deleted member 2897

They aren't that good, but they're good enough to have not been swept by Duke and BYU as well. I didn't mind the pitching change either, it just happened that Gibson didn't have it tonight.

I just didn’t understand putting in English, who had played about 8 hours of baseball before being told to pitch.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My criticisms of Hall are:
  1. in a 1-0 game in the 8th inning, you had best have your BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS out in the field. So, Gibson gives up a single....what happened after that is what killed us and a solid D at 3rd base might have left us in a 1-01 tie instead of the collapse we saw
  2. Going to English in that spot is just......stupid. Especially since English got touched up last time out for a couple of runs

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
My criticisms of Hall are:
  1. in a 1-0 game in the 8th inning, you had best have your BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS out in the field. So, Gibson gives up a single....what happened after that is what killed us and a solid D at 3rd base might have left us in a 1-01 tie instead of the collapse we saw
  2. Going to English in that spot is just......stupid. Especially since English got touched up last time out for a couple of runs
in a 1-0 game in the 8th inning, you had best have your BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS out in the field. My thoughts also. Pulled Gibson quicker after two batters.