Northwestern

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/tech-readies-for-home-series-with-northwestern/
Northwestern is headed to Russ Chandler. Final non-conference weekend series before the Miami series opens ACC play next weekend.

Northwestern appears to have a couple of decent starters. They beat a good Duke team once last weekend & lost one in extra innings. The 3rd (not in that order) was a Duke blowout. Their best 2 starters statistically are scheduled to go Fri & Sun.

Deleted member 2897

https://ramblinwreck.com/tech-readies-for-home-series-with-northwestern/
Northwestern is headed to Russ Chandler. Final non-conference weekend series before the Miami series opens ACC play next weekend.

Northwestern appears to have a couple of decent starters. They beat a good Duke team once last weekend & lost one in extra innings. The 3rd (not in that order) was a Duke blowout. Their best 2 starters statistically are scheduled to go Fri & Sun.

Northwestern is Friday and then a double header on Saturday.

We gotta sweep Kennesaw State the following 2 games. I'd obviously love a sweep here against Northwestern, but baseball is a strange game. If we can go 2-1 then 2-0, we enter the ACC at 9-4, and having won 6 of our last 7. Hoping for at least that.

I'd love to post a bunch of stats, but they haven't updated it since before the last game. I checked GTs website and D1. Oh well.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

We gotta sweep Kennesaw State the following 2 games. I'd obviously love a sweep here against Northwestern, but baseball is a strange game. If we can go 2-1 then 2-0, we enter the ACC at 9-4, and having won 6 of our last 7. Hoping for at least that.

I'd love to post a bunch of stats, but they haven't updated it since before the last game. I checked GTs website and D1. Oh well.
We play on Sunday at 1 as of now. No doubleheader on Saturday (yet), but I'm sure we will with rain expected all day.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Stats this time of year mean little. Take for instance NW who comes in with a live RPI of 10 this year. THe reason it's so high is they played BYU (RPI 33) the first weekend (lost 2 of 3) and then Duke (RPI 15) last weekend and lost two of three.

I was surprised our RPI climbed to 33 from 35 after winning two games this week. But I digress.

NW has given up 4 and 5 runs on Fridays, 2 and 23 runs on Saturdays and 11 and 3 runs on Sundays. If you can make sense of that, let me know.

NW has scored 3 and 4 on Fridays, 3 and 8 on Saturdays and 2 and 5 on Sundays. We get our runs and we'll be fine.

NW picked to finish 11th in the BIG 10 (there must be a joke there).

"The Wildcats return all three weekend starters this spring,
  • starting with junior RHP Hank Christie (3-5, 4.61). Christie threw on Saturdays last spring but is expected to take the mound on Friday nights in 2019 after a jump in velocity has pushed his fastball regularly into the 88-90 mph range, and his three-pitch mix has continued to mature.
  • Sophomore lefty Quinn Lavelle (4-5, 4.21) works in the mid-to-upper 80s with his fastball and backs it up with a curve, changeup and newly minted slider, showing good feel across his repertoire.
  • Sophomore LHP Jack Pagliarini (1-3, 3.99) will return to Sunday duty armed with an advanced swing-and-miss curve and 85-88 mph fastball."
I "expect" we win two and "hope" we win three. I'm sure we'll win between 0 and 3.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

@bwelbo nailed it!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ouch, took X 30 pitches in the first. Left bases loaded (walk, English error???????, and hit). Can't do that much.

Just turned it on. Good to see Luke back.

I'll be in chat too ........

Deleted member 2897

LOL, no runs in T1 for Northwestern, but we already gave up 1 hit, 1 walk, and 1 error. Glad to escape that garbage.

Deleted member 2897

Great AB by Murray. He's hitting sub 0.200, so his instinct would be to just swing away and improve that number, but he was patient and drew that leadoff walk. Well done.

Deleted member 2897

Now bases loaded with 0 outs for us...turns into bases 2 outs. Yikes.