North Carolina Hires New DC - Geoff Collins

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so we aren’t allowed to insult the guy by using the acronym used by a former coach? I personally take offense to the fact that we can’t personally attack a guy who personally cost our program millions of dollars. Even though the coach that our former coach referred to as the minister of bull s personally will never read any messages on this board. Got it.
I agree. I think we should avoid profanity, but truthful descriptions of his actions here, how he went about himself, and how he basically destroyed our program for 4 years, should be allowed.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Please for all that is holy, let this thread die and go to the bottom of the bin. No need to discuss him. If it continues, I'll lobby to have this moved to College and Pro Sports because, last I looked, UNC is not Georgia Tech Football. I have no interest in discussing Collins until we play UNC next year.
I think it should be in the coaching carousel thread, but it’s not totally unrelated to tech. But while we are at it, there are a lot of off topic discussions in the portal thread regarding education, Chicago, and real estate. You may not like reading this, and some of us may not like reading that. Wink wink

Last edited:

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Per the rules here, please take note of this one:

4. No personal attacks on current or former coaches or GTAA staff, to include the AD. Again, critiquing is acceptable, epithets like ‘clown’ or ‘used car salesman’ or their ilk are not kosher and will not be tolerated.

The use of POS and MoBS violates this one. I get that Collins isn't well regarded at all, but please refrain from resorting to expletive to insult him, even if it's in the form of an acronym.

Paul Johnson says he is the MoBS. How can quoting our former, Hall of Fame coach, be a violation of anything? Do we need to provide a reference so it is not plagiarism?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it should be in the coaching carousel thread, but it’s not totally unrelated to tech. But while we are at it, there are a lot of off topic discussions in the portal thread regarding education, Chicago, and real estate. You may not like reading this, and some of us may not like reading that.
Going off-topic is one thing. This is an entire thread dedicated to a recent hire by UNC, with a thread title stating that. Spin it however you want, but not the same. Good try. Coaching Carousel should be in College and Pro Sports, not GT Sports, unless it's about GT's new coaches.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Going off-topic is one thing. This is an entire thread dedicated to a recent hire by UNC, with a thread title stating that. Spin it however you want, but not the same. Good try. Coaching Carousel should be in College and Pro Sports, not GT Sports, unless it's about GT's new coaches.
It’s much easier for the mods to move a whole thread than to pick through a legitimately placed thread and move individual threads to off topic. Good try.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson says he is the MoBS. How can quoting our former, Hall of Fame coach, be a violation of anything? Do we need to provide a reference so it is not plagiarism?
I'm not sure the Master or Minister part is the problem. O is not normally offensive, but you'd have to make an exception for 2019-2021 and half of 2022. Likely it's that BS part that's causing the issue here, and more the S than the B. Who hates farm animals after all?

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Meh. I'd say most of those that were overly critical that could be in the stadium, were in the stadium. Seems Juanyeh is a little thin-skinned. I don't think there's a big enough vocal minority that cares enough about GT football to not go to games.
I appreciate everything Juanyeh did while he was here, but in retrospect, maybe he spent too long in the freezer during practice.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
All I want out of this is one thing. 2 years from now if they don't fire him before when/if we host UNC (not sure how the new ACC schedule is going to work - whenever it is) I just want the PA announcer to say "it's money down" for every 3rd down they have . I want it to burn his @$$ like death sauce wings from Taco Mac the next morning. Also game of thrones crowns for everyone in the crowd