North Carolina Hires New DC - Geoff Collins

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Someone on reddit mentioned there was an offset in Collins' GT contract - I don't remember that, anybody know if true?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
There was not. He was cut a check at the time of firing. Why our ADs and lawyers aren't smart enough to do this is beyond me.
It is not true. There is no offset

Stansbury wrote a contract to protect Collins and make him hard to fire. The idea was that he was implementing bold changes and needed a strong commitment.
Thanks, that's what I thought was the case.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
4C042617-8D87-4EA3-80B5-29189EA914DF.jpeg

Lol

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Trying to find out from my source who was helping Mack with this hire, i.e. what search firm. The guy I know would NEVER recommend Collins. He basically gave me the detail of how the 2022 season would go and that Stansbury would go with Collins as the same time. The only thing I can think is that we beat UNC twice with Drake Maye at QB and Mack was somehow impressed with our D in those games and he went about hiring who he wanted on his own with no search firm help?? Nothing else makes any sense. I don't care how good of a DC he is, the stench on him is still stinking at this point. I can't imagine the UNC fans are happy about this. From Chizzick to Collins?? Two very poorly performing head coaches who were good to very good DCs, but Collins is a laughingstock in college football. Shocked by this. Truly shocked. I wonder how long his contract is for? 5 years? 6 years? Maybe he and Stansbury can have a nice lunch date and laugh at the havoc they caused to Georgia Tech. #MofBS :ROFLMAO: