North Carolina - 1/2

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Good effort, but there are no moral victories for a veteran squad. A win today would have been a nice springboard for the rest of the ACC slate and any postseason hope. The PG play really hurts, with a lack of defense and little threat on the offensive end being two of, if not the two biggest, problems for this team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Great game relative to the last several. Today's team will win a lot of games in the ACC. Problem is finding this team consistently.

We lost aggression end of 1st half and 2nd half. Ball pressure will continue to be a problem for us, both because of PG play and lack of poise/ability to stick to our gameplan and dictate tempo.

Minor tweaks I'd make in rotations and ensuring players understand their roles/abilities better. Wish that wasn't the case this far into the season.

Either way, overall we were sharper mentally and therefore more prepared today. I hope we see more of it going forward.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Players played extremely well. This should have been a one score game. Proud of the team, but obviously disappointed in the outcome.

We should have had a real shot to win at the end. The personnel moves really had me scratching my head at times. I'd probably have left Chuck in with two fouls in the first half, and Jorgensen isn't really ready for that sort of game. He made a lot of mistakes late.

The defensive effort, especially in the second half wasn't anything to brag about, either. Too many easy baskets. Add to that the ridiculous scores given up due to pure UNC athleticism and it's tough to win.

Adam Smith is ridiculous. He probably could have gotten a few more looks.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thought the refs were calling some wussy fouls on GT a few times. Not that we'd had won if the fouls weren't called, but sure would have been a closer game.

When CM is forced to sit due to foul trouble GT is going to be on the losing end more often than not.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bad day for the good guys are we're on the losing end but I like this Team. Couldn't say that in so many years I can't remember when I last had as high an opinion of a GT basketball team. Hope these guys hang in there & don't let days like this discourage them because win or lose they're a good group. Not sure how coach got the team to this point, but he did and deserves the credit for improved play. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season because I believe there's excitement ahead for this group.

Go Jackets!

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
What this team needs is one more player to step up. I hope Tadric finds his spot in the rotation as a defense stopper - I know he's sometimes lost out there, but he has the athleticism that we really need to shut down athletic guards like we saw today.

/

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I hear ya but to me Tad looks like he was a little over hyped in HS. He's athletic as hell but can not shoot and seems to be out of control going to the rim. I think his Jr year is when he takes off. It's too bad we won't have all these Sr's back next year. I think we are close to being a tournament team but we lose so much after this year we might be back to where we were the past few years next season. If we play like today night in and night out I can see 9 wins in the ACC. That gets is in. But we seem to have games like ETSU and UGA to many times after we look like we've turned the corner.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We don't have a threat at PG. Heath at least seems to keep us out of trouble compared to Jorgensen who is not fundamentally sound and looks like he is playing backyard basketball.

Ecestu

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure how coach got the team to this point, but he did and deserves the credit for improved play.

Go Jackets!
You're not sure how the coach, after 4 years, has finally started to turn the program around? Not to sound like a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't give him too much credit until his, what is it now, 65-74 record turns into a winning record. Still has a ways to go...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You can only make up 1 game at a time, you can tell long before he gets to .500 whether or not this aircraft carrier is turning.

slugboy

Staff member
I had my hopes up when they were ahead. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm more frustrated with a semi-close loss than a blowout right now.