North Carolina - 1/2

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Hope we keep it close, but BG has really struggled against UNC while he's been here. This has to be the least likely win on the schedule all season if we're being honest

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I want to believe that Carolina is beatable. They've lost to directional Iowa and Texas. (I know Northern Iowa is legit).

We need to limit their transition offense, and score on ours. They need to play the lazy defense which we've all seen them do. We need to hit our 3's. We also need to out rebound them on both sides (which is feasible since one of their bigs is out).

If we are going to make the tourney, we need to win some games like this.

/

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, do we have any chance at all tomorrow?

Nope.

Can Heath/Jorgy/Smith/Jax guard Pinson/Berry/Paige/Britt? Absolutely not.
Can MGH guards Jackson? Yes, but that matchup will more than likely be a push in production

If Jacobs didnt look like someone whose prom date ditched him at receiving line lately id think maybe we could hang with Johnson/Hicks/James down low but his body language really sucks lately. Id like to see White or Lammers from the jump tomorrow. Let Lammers show what he can do with teh confidence boost of starting against Johnson.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
We will probably lose by 12...sloppy play by GT then UNC pulls away. I expect GT to keep it close throughout the whole game though.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UNC does not like to play games with fewer than 70 possessions and their losses were both in games with a slower pace than they like. Key for us is rebounding on both ends and interrupting their transition game. They only had four offensive rebounds against Texas and lost in spite of a great shooting night. Northern Iowa is a guard dominated team that shut down the Tar Heels' outside game.

I don't think we will win this game, but it can be close if we play well.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Got it made if MGH averages 145 a game. (lol typo)

But is it hard luck after five years? "After finishing in the ACC’s bottom four in each of the last five seasons, Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory hopes some spare parts from other teams will help end that run of hard luck."

Haha, I was going to leave that alone. This hard luck was pre-ceded by 9 years of hard luck at Dayton when he made only two tournaments

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We have a better chance than last year, but that is not saying much. We need an ACC caliber PG badly.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll be hopeful, but realistic about tomorrow's game, so yeah, I'm expecting an L. Short of a miracle win, the keys tomorrow will be how we execute the facets of our game in one of the toughest potential situations. If we keep it close and compete until the very end, it may bode well for future ACC road games.