Non-adidas GT Swag

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I picked up a cool pair of Adidas team-issued shoes second-hand (technically used but no wear).

Does anyone know why there’s so much more team gear that doesn’t make it to market through Adidas? I’m not an IE but I’d imagine if you go to the trouble of making 100 of something, why not make more to sell to general public?
They run them on limited batches through a different manufacturing process not built for scale, but built for efficiency (keep cost down for limited run merchandise).

They do this so athletes have more “on demand” items and don’t fall victim to the supply chain / planning process required to manufacture at scale items and 18 month + planning cycles.

Edited to add: there are many places to look for that type of gear. eBay and https://theplayerstrunk.com/collections/georgia-tech for example

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Some NEW The Game trucker hats not available elsewhere are now in the campus bookstore, FYI.
1661447795717.png

Also some very cool Throwback Basketball Shorts from 19 Nine brand are in the campus bookstore as well.
Check them out online here: https://19nine.com/collections/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets
1661447844524.png

1661447880946.png

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Some NEW The Game trucker hats not available elsewhere are now in the campus bookstore, FYI.
View attachment 12891

Also some very cool Throwback Basketball Shorts from 19 Nine brand are in the campus bookstore as well.
Check them out online here: https://19nine.com/collections/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets
View attachment 12892
View attachment 12893
@RyanS12 thought these shorts might be up your alley, for some reason thought I remembered you liking the throwback bball stuff

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Just ordered through fanatics. Saved $7 but noticed shipping was $11.99 so I canceled. Ordered again but didn’t save the $7.

Got crappier delivery but didn’t save $7 so I paid the same to have it get here later I guess. Ugh

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
So this is somewhat off topic, but I really liked the NL All Star Jerseys this year - white jersey with gold lettering. Anyway there was a poor selection of buying 2022 NL All-star Braves jerseys online. On eBay, you can buy a knock-off from China for less than $50. I bought one a few weeks ago and got it in today. It's a damn nice copy compared to spending 10x more making a custom one from the MLB website.

I'm posting if there are other Braves fans out there who don't like wearing anything red to the Braves games :)

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
So this is somewhat off topic, but I really liked the NL All Star Jerseys this year - white jersey with gold lettering. Anyway there was a poor selection of buying 2022 NL All-star Braves jerseys online. On eBay, you can buy a knock-off from China for less than $50. I bought one a few weeks ago and got it in today. It's a damn nice copy compared to spending 10x more making a custom one from the MLB website.

I'm posting if there are other Braves fans out there who don't like wearing anything red to the Braves games :)

Link?

For years and years I resisted buying red braves gear. Wore a blue road hat or the GT-Braves co-branded hats. 4 years ago I finally got a road grey jersey and last season I relented and bought a home red brim WS hat. Yeah, CSB lol

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I was severely disappointed in the sizes that were available. Searched everything and not one 4x and very few 3x. Are we really that small of a fan base? I have several Ga Sou items in 4x and a comfy 5x sweater. Why can't GT get those sizes?

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I was severely disappointed in the sizes that were available. Searched everything and not one 4x and very few 3x. Are we really that small of a fan base? I have several Ga Sou items in 4x and a comfy 5x sweater. Why can't GT get those sizes?
Sizes of what? Where did you look?