Non-adidas GT Swag

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I was severely disappointed in the sizes that were available. Searched everything and not one 4x and very few 3x. Are we really that small of a fan base? I have several Ga Sou items in 4x and a comfy 5x sweater. Why can't GT get those sizes?

FWIW, you should try on a size smaller than you think would be comfortable. Most mens sizes these days are cut larger than they used to be. For reference, I am 6'1" and 180 lbs. I used to wear L or XL polo style shirts in order to keep them tucked in. With the newer cuts, I am now sometimes wearing M shirts.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, you should try on a size smaller than you think would be comfortable. Most mens sizes these days are cut larger than they used to be. For reference, I am 6'1" and 180 lbs. I used to wear L or XL polo style shirts in order to keep them tucked in. With the newer cuts, I am now sometimes wearing M shirts.
Yeah, when your 3X, 4X, or 5X, you don't tend to tuck them in, so it's about what fits and covers.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Link?

For years and years I resisted buying red braves gear. Wore a blue road hat or the GT-Braves co-branded hats. 4 years ago I finally got a road grey jersey and last season I relented and bought a home red brim WS hat. Yeah, CSB lol

Here's the one I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403795785320?var=673694460012

There are others like it on eBay too. You want the one without a number on the front to match the style worn in the game.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah, when your 3X, 4X, or 5X, you don't tend to tuck them in, so it's about what fits and covers.

FWIW, I used to be a much bigger guy before I lost a lot of weight (and kept it off) so I get not tucking. My comment was that a lot of the modern clothing companies have changed the size labels in ways that mean smaller labeled sizes now fit larger people.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
At 7ft 380, I am fully aware of my clothing size requirements lol the 3x stuff in the bookstore fit like a 1985 mesh tear away jersey. My belly button would have needed sun screen had I bought 3x. I have been able to get 4x and have seen some 5x stuff prior, but was just disappointed in not seeing any. However, the prospect of more merch due to be received is hopeful.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
FWIW, I used to be a much bigger guy before I lost a lot of weight (and kept it off) so I get not tucking. My comment was that a lot of the modern clothing companies have changed the size labels in ways that mean smaller labeled sizes now fit larger people.
... Kind of like a women's size 6 measures what a size 8 or 10 did 30 - 40 years ago.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been toying with custom ink for a new shirt for the Dook game. Here's my best shot at humor that hopefully won't get me booted off the board.

IMG_3074.jpg

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm similar in size and have to go medium most the time as well. Most larges these days are way way way too wide in the mid section. Finding mediums that are long enough for a longer torso is a pain.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm similar in size and have to go medium most the time as well. Most larges these days are way way way too wide in the mid section. Finding mediums that are long enough for a longer torso is a pain.
When I was a senior in HS I was 6’2” 185 and wore XL shirts that fit comfortably and looked normal. Now I’m 6’4” 225 and most XLs totally swallow me. I have the same problem with L shirts sometimes being too short in the torso, and L sweatshirts and long-sleeves are usually too short in the sleeve. But XLs make me look like a middle schooler wearing my dads clothes.

slugboy

Staff member
There’s some nice stuff in there. If you only like GOLD, they have it.

Beat me to it!

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Love it! Very clever

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW NIL player shirts and sweatshirts! First NIL apparel for players with GT branding, to my knowledge. Available on Fanatics sites.
1665514976684.png

1665515018681.png

1665515052455.png

1665515080114.png