No UVA ATL chart yet?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I guess. Seems like half our starting OL is out by the third game of the season.
Clemson has started 8 different OL this year and had to replace their LG early in today’s game. Ole Miss is down to their 3rd RG and backup C in today’s game. I’m sure just about every team in the country is playing at least one preseason backup OL at this point in the year. A lot of places are playing multiple.

Those are just 2 examples I have picked up while watching games today. OL will get injured, just have to be able to bring the next man up and have him produce. We are not getting anymore OL injuries than anyone else, we just have to develop more depth at the positions.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Part of my post is even questioning if it is actually a lot of injuries or if it is just me. I know 2015 was especially bad but it just feels like to me that the last 3 years under Caralla have been worse than most. Kenny Cooper has had issues staying healthy, Jalen Camp missed most of a season. TK missed a good bit of time these last few years. Blackstrain had a season ending injury before the season started. Simms was out for a few games. We just lost Dylan Leonard for the rest of the season. There are plenty more but those are just some of the ones I can think of from the last 3 years off the top of my head.

Also, some of it is not just missing games but players playing injured too. Thacker mentioned that we were pulling guys out of the medical tent to get on the field cause we were losing so many to injuries. In addition, there have been a lot of issues with players on both OL and DL.

I know not all of those injuries are preventable even with the best S&C coach but it still seems like above average numbers.
Some individuals just seem to get injured often. Always been this way

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think we have been injured more than other teams. Go visit a few fan boards and you will see they all are discussing injuries, especially this time in the season.