NL EAST 2021

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Rich Hill to the Mets.
Mets have talks going on for Whit Merrifield of K.C.(2B-OF).

Nats shut down Strasberg, for now.

Braves drop to 3rd place. Hope they get something for those veteran SP’s.

Fred, I noticed one of those recent evaluation sites had the Nats farm system at #30, with Atlanta in the middle around 15th. What’s happening to our teams??
It's not good. Anecdotally... my little 'burg is in its 1st season as the low-A Nationals affiliate. They are a bad team. ... all phases. It's great having minor league ball here, though.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Rich Hill to the Mets.
Mets have talks going on for Whit Merrifield of K.C.(2B-OF).

Nats shut down Strasberg, for now.

Braves drop to 3rd place. Hope they get something for those veteran SP’s.

Fred, I noticed one of those recent evaluation sites had the Nats farm system at #30, with Atlanta in the middle around 15th. What’s happening to our teams??
Rich Hill is a great addition for my Mets. Haven't heard anything about Merrifield. Bryant, Baez, Story, yes I've heard rumors, but need more pitching. TBD has started way too many games for us lately, and I'm afraid he's going to get worn down...

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
It pains me to say it... but Nationals need to trade some guys. They can't compete right now.

If I'm in charge (I'm not)....Keep KEEP KEEP... Turner & Soto at all costs. Everyone else is "on the market" ...including Scherzer. Get a haul for him, please.

I read that the Nats are willing to part with anyone but Soto. Seen rumors that Seattle may be interested in Trea.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Only reason to trade Trea would be an assumption or awareness (I don't have) that he's not likely to re-sign. I want him to stay.
Well, you may get your wish that he stays. Heard on the Mets broadcast that he was removed from the game today due to testing positive for COVID. Initial thoughts were injury or trade, but no. Not sure how that may impact his trade value.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mets looked like the Pets tonight.
Cincy, TBD was a little wild and grooved a few. Still think you win the black and blue East. Braves trying to buy, before Saturday night. Not what I would do. A team that takes more than a 100 games and still can’t get to .500, isn’t a World Championship contender.

Fred, you’ve got the starters getting older and the prime timers, Juan & Turner.
Atlanta has the Freddie & Austin Riler. I took a beating on this site for calling him a future star to be left alone at 3B, the last few years. Our IL looks to be the best in MLB, if you count the 60 Day.

Edited: Riley, almost a .300 BA. 19 HR, 56 RBI.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Cincy, TBD was a little wild and grooved a few. Still think you win the black and blue East. Braves trying to buy, before Saturday night. Not what I would do. A team that takes more than a 100 games and still can’t get to .500, isn’t a World Championship contender.

Fred, you’ve got the starters getting older and the prime timers, Juan & Turner.
Atlanta has the Freddie & Austin Riler. I took a beating on this site for calling him a future star to be left alone at 3B, the last few years. Our IL looks to be the best in MLB, if you count the 60 Day.

People freaked on Riley too quick. Ironically the same folks cemented Dansby as a HOF stud and I don't really see him ever being a needle-mover guy. For a first rounder I expected some more.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Yup, TBD turned out to be Eickhoff, whose best performance for us this year was 4 innings of shutout ball against the Braves earlier this year in what I believe was his first start for us. 3 hits and 3 walks in that one, but no runs. We've DFA'd him 3 times now in less than a month. The first 2 times we've re-signed him to a minor league contract after he elected free agency. We'll see what happens after today's 3rd time...

I do like what Megill has done for us so far though. Most say that he wasn't on the radar as a candidate to help our team this year, but he was our #21 prospect in the most recent prospect update. Just hadn't pitched much above A ball. It's not only the top 5 or 10 prospects that can move the needle for your team. If you can get guys like Megill (8th round pick out of Arizona by way of Loyola Marymount in 2018) or deGrom (9th round pick as a SS/P from Stetson in 2010) to pan out, that's where you build your depth.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would love to see Joey Bart with the Nationals or on this coast.

I called Austin Riley’s 20th HR, before the game and in the 6th inning.
Thinking of purchasing a lottery ticket or putting money down on a horse.
Congrats to you CincyMet on winning the close games. If Atlanta, Washington can’t win it, I’ll be rooting for the Mets. After all, your AA Club is in my birthplace.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
12 Nationals players testing positive for the virus. Unbelievable, that this coronageddon continues on.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Cincy... I thought of you immediately. Good luck in post-season, Mets. Geez.
I just hope we get there. 22-23 in our last 45 games, if I recall the stat correctly. Not exactly tearing it up and putting distance between us and the Braves or Phillies. Although, we haven't lost much of our lead in the division over that span either, so....

I'll take deGrom and Stroman in a playoff series over almost anyone. Need Walker to get back on track. Was for the first 3 innings today, but lost it the next two. Rich Hill has been there. Can he do it again? Carrasco starts for the first time tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Megill has been great, but is a rookie, so you never know what you're going to get as the season goes along. Syndergaard may be back late this year, but I expect he'll be used more in the bullpen like he was when we made our last run at this point. So many questions, any answers coming in the next 16 hours???

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
My Mets are now a complete dumpster fire. And they're not using the usual petrol, no they've decided to go full jet fuel! Wow...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m feeling for you, my buddy. In games deGrom does not start, the Metropolitans are like 10 or 11 games under .500
I know we’ve discussed the unfortunate injuries, but will Jake be back at the end of this month?

Fred, are you seeing Ryan Zimmerman’s swan song into retirement? The rebuild has to influence his future? What a clutch ball player and career!

Freeman went down for almost two entire games with an upper respiratory infection and Riley played a nice 1B, but my blood pressure went up. Lol.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m feeling for you, my buddy. In games deGrom does not start, the Metropolitans are like 10 or 11 games under .500
I know we’ve discussed the unfortunate injuries, but will Jake be back at the end of this month?

Fred, are you seeing Ryan Zimmerman’s swan song into retirement? The rebuild has to influence his future? What a clutch ball player and career!

Freeman went down for almost two entire games with an upper respiratory infection and Riley played a nice 1B, but my blood pressure went up. Lol.
Zimmerman has said the moves will have an impact (factor in) to any decision he will make. So... yes. I have to believe Zimmerman is on a farewell tour of sorts. So glad he reached the pinnacle in 2019. Not many pro athletes can say they were there for the FULL ride... bottom to top with same org. He's a DC icon.

Right up there with Alex Ovechkin who just re-signed with Caps & should retire after an entire career in DC.

As a fan... 2 guys who have been fun to watch play & pull for.