NL EAST 2021

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Cohen's ownership first big move.

Does not look good for the Bravos and the rest of the NL East.

Degrom, Thor, Stroman, Matz, Carassco and Peterson. Pretty good. I bet they aren't done here either.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Big move by the Mets and something they desperately needed, but they are still a few pieces short. They need to strengthen their pen, get another OF, and find a way to improve their defense.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Cohen's ownership first big move.

Does not look good for the Bravos and the rest of the NL East.

Degrom, Thor, Stroman, Matz, Carassco and Peterson. Pretty good. I bet they aren't done here either.

He left out a fourth player the Mets gave uo:
Two shortstops Amed Rosario and Andres Gimenez and two minor leaguers, righty Josh Wolf and outfielder Isaiah Greene.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
He left out a fourth player the Mets gave uo:
Two shortstops Amed Rosario and Andres Gimenez and two minor leaguers, righty Josh Wolf and outfielder Isaiah Greene.
Yep, I posted before it was a done deal.

Looks like the Mets are 100% going to try and extend Lindor (trading their SS and most ready SS prospect).

I am a Braves fan and grew up with a horrible hate for the Mets. Agreed that if they shore up the bull pen with another 8 or 9 inning guy while adding a springer or brantley to the outfield, Braves will be in trouble.

Hope AA has been working on something..

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I posted before it was a done deal.

Looks like the Mets are 100% going to try and extend Lindor (trading their SS and most ready SS prospect).

I am a Braves fan and grew up with a horrible hate for the Mets. Agreed that if they shore up the bull pen with another 8 or 9 inning guy while adding a springer or brantley to the outfield, Braves will be in trouble.

Hope AA has been working on something..
I wouldn't say that. We have the better pen, defense, and the rotations are about even right now. We just need to add a bat behind Freddie.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Meh... Nationals are (unless something big changes) looking up at Mets & Braves... in no particular order.

This move doesn't really make sense to me. As the tweet said, the Nats defense is really hurt by this move and the Bell trade. With as good of a pitching staff as they have, I would want an extremely strong defense and then just trust Turner and Soto to be the offense.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
This move doesn't really make sense to me. As the tweet said, the Nats defense is really hurt by this move and the Bell trade. With as good of a pitching staff as they have, I would want an extremely strong defense and then just trust Turner and Soto to be the offense.
I don’t disagree. I tend to favor teams built on good pitching, good defense and getting on base. However, if Bell/Schwaber go on streaks at the same time as having Soto in their lineup, that won’t be fun for anybody.

Nationals still looking up at Braves and Mets.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
So the Nats trying to use the strategy the Mets have used for a decade or more? Just get bats and who cares about defense. Play them wherever! Happy to see the Mets finally care about defense with the Lindor trade. Now, get Springer, move Nimmo to LF, and hope for the DH so we can play Smith at 1B and DH Alonso.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mets trade, three team deal...

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Mets trade Steven Matz to the Jays for 3 prospects to free up $5.2M in salary. A move to sign Bauer? As a Mets fan, I'd prefer that they sign Lindor and Conforto to long term contracts, and if they sign Bauer as well, he would be the cherry on top! But my preference is to keep Lindor and Conforto over signing Bauer.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
1)Sean Doolittle is nearing a deal with the Reds.

2)Even though this is not a NL East deal, thought I’d put it here instead of creating a new thread. Your welcome Cuse Jacket!

Yes, Cardinals are getting a bunch of money in the trade, and an extra year added on to the contract. These are the players, per MLBTR:
After a few days of waiting for their complicated trade to be finalized, the Cardinals and Rockies have completed their deal centering on third baseman Nolan Arenado, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports. The league and the union have signed off on the swap. The Rockies will receive left-hander Austin Gomber, third baseman Mateo Gil, infielder Elehuris Montero and right-handers Tony Locey and Jake Sommers in exchange for Arenado, per Mark Feinsand of MLB.com. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch previously reported Gomber’s spot in the deal, while Ken Rosenthal and Nick Groke of The Athletic tweeted that Gil would be in it.