Nick Starkel

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like everyone believes FSU and Arkansas are the favorites. I haven’t read anything saying they’re favored, just that he had visits lined up to both schools but won’t be announcing until next month. Bkeacher Report had GT has the favorite to land him. It would be huge for us. I think there’s some good options on the roster. I believe Tobias changes positions, Yates could be red shirted and think Lucas has the best upside out of everyone we have for the new offense. Idk what happens with Graham. Starkel would in my belief be an upgrade to all of them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Looks like everyone believes FSU and Arkansas are the favorites. I haven’t read anything saying they’re favored, just that he had visits lined up to both schools but won’t be announcing until next month. Bkeacher Report had GT has the favorite to land him. It would be huge for us. I think there’s some good options on the roster. I believe Tobias changes positions, Yates could be red shirted and think Lucas has the best upside out of everyone we have for the new offense. Idk what happens with Graham. Starkel would in my belief be an upgrade to all of them.

Competition is never a bad thing on the field.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
What has starkel done to show that he’s better than the QBs on our roster. Threw for 60 percent, 1700 yards, and 14 TDs in the only full season he played. Guy was a 3 star. Am I missing something?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
What has starkel done to show that he’s better than the QBs on our roster. Threw for 60 percent, 1700 yards, and 14 TDs in the only full season he played. Guy was a 3 star. Am I missing something?

All of our QB's combined are 8 of 17 passing at the college level. I dunno if Starkel would be better or not but he would certainly be a more proven option. And who was the last 60 percent passer we had? Godsey?

I don't believe we have a QB on our roster who had a single other P5 offer at Quarterback. I happen to think Jordan Yates is gonna be really good and teams are going to be kicking themselves for not offering him. But Starkel would not be a crazy idea, IMO.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
If anything, another qb on our roster allows us to potentially do two things:
1. Redshirt Yates
2. Move Oliver in the fall to a position he can have an impact with his athleticism

Without a transfer QB it’s likely that neither of the above are options.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If anything, another qb on our roster allows us to potentially do two things:
1. Redshirt Yates
2. Move Oliver in the fall to a position he can have an impact with his athleticism

Without a transfer QB it’s likely that neither of the above are options.
Heard the Wisconsin QB is transferring....Hornibrook?

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s a lot of under selling our current qb’s. All we need is a guy who can complete swing passes, slants, bubble screens and the occasional downfield pass which are easier to master than the option game in my opinion.
I ageee with the idea that the option is more difficult to master than the slants, swings, bubble screens.