Nick Starkel

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
This may already be a thread of topic of conversation but I haven’t seen any post on it, so if there is I apologize. Has anyone seen or heard any inside scoop on if Collins and the staff plan on reaching out and trying to recruit Nick Starkel? The QB battle is a whole other topic just interested to see if their interested in this kid

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This may already be a thread of topic of conversation but I haven’t seen any post on it, so if there is I apologize. Has anyone seen or heard any inside scoop on if Collins and the staff plan on reaching out and trying to recruit Nick Starkel? The QB battle is a whole other topic just interested to see if their interested in this kid

CGC is following Starkel on Twitter...FWIW

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I like his bowl game numbers, despite the loss. When was the last time a Tech QB threw for 500 yards? JoeHam? This is a guy we could definitely use immediately. Unfortunately, not many people in the country are gonna beat out Kellan Mond for a QB position. Maybe good for us, but lets see how those OV's to Arkansas and FSU go...

slugboy

Staff member
I'd also be interested in the last time a GT QB threw for 500 yards and WON (when it wasn't against a patsy).

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'd also be interested in the last time a GT QB threw for 500 yards and WON (when it wasn't against a patsy).
Don't think anyone has

Single game
Rank Player Yards Year Opponent
1 George Godsey 486 2001 Virginia
2 George Godsey 454 2000 Clemson
3 Darrell Gast 416 1987 Duke
4 Joe Hamilton 387 1999 Florida State
Joe Hamilton 387 1999 Maryland
6 Eddie McAshan 371 1972 Rice
7 Mike Kelley 361 1979 Navy
8 George Godsey 354 2000 Maryland
9 Joe Hamilton 341 1999 Georgia
10 Joe Hamilton 337 1997

Yoda

Helluva Engineer

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Why not both? Goose wasn’t the best athlete, but he was damn smart with the ball and really understood the QB position (as backed up by his long and successful coaching career). Unfortunately for him he just so happened to follow possibly the best QB to ever come through the Flats (and full disclosure, I was in the student section those years hollering for Bilbo to get a shot before I realized how money Goose was...what a dumbass).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why not both? Goose wasn’t the best athlete, but he was damn smart with the ball and really understood the QB position (as backed up by his long and successful coaching career). Unfortunately for him he just so happened to follow possibly the best QB to ever come through the Flats (and full disclosure, I was in the student section those years hollering for Bilbo to get a shot before I realized how money Goose was...what a dumbass).

Oh, not taking anything away from Godsey, he was obviously a baller. It was just more of an observation that Friedgen was the OC behind 7 of the 10 top passing performances.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You were not the only one who thought the same thing .

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, a hobbit at qb, yeah right. ;)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh, not taking anything away from Godsey, he was obviously a baller. It was just more of an observation that Friedgen was the OC behind 7 of the 10 top passing performances.

Not really. More like 6. Ralph wasnt here in 01 it was all BOB offense. And it was different spin on the O.

But ralph was awesome. So were the qbs.