NFL Draft results

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
I am really enjoying all of Ken Seguiras articles. Ken if you read these boards, you can kiss my dirty ***. Why you go out of your way to find the most negative possible angle on everything is beyond me. There are so many good stories out there in a variety of Tech sports and some amazing human interest stories. How about you grow a set of journalism sacks and do some real work?

Ken, if you read these boards, I appreciate your work and please know I clean my ***.

What the hell is he supposed to write on, dude? He's had fantastic human interest stories in the past, the Pastner recruiting stories and 2017 recruit highlights have been my personal favorites. I wish he would fodo some for this most recent class, but he's kind of had his hands full with the coaching change.

As far as I'm concerned he calls it like he sees it and honestly, I feel like he's rather generous at times. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he wrote a story on our draft drought, but instead the top two stories in the ajc on gatech that I see are about how Quon, Branch, and ASA have mini camp or post-draft deals. What should he do, headline an article with "Cardinals select Brad Stewart as the #1 overall pick?" You're living in a fantasy world if you think Ken is too harsh on our team and obviously haven't followed other CFB teams enough to know how brutal some media outlets can be.

Deleted member 2897

Ken, if you read these boards, I appreciate your work and please know I clean my ***.

What the hell is he supposed to write on, dude? He's had fantastic human interest stories in the past, the Pastner recruiting stories and 2017 recruit highlights have been my personal favorites. I wish he would fodo some for this most recent class, but he's kind of had his hands full with the coaching change.

As far as I'm concerned he calls it like he sees it and honestly, I feel like he's rather generous at times. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he wrote a story on our draft drought, but instead the top two stories in the ajc on gatech that I see are about how Quon, Branch, and ASA have mini camp or post-draft deals. What should he do, headline an article with "Cardinals select Brad Stewart as the #1 overall pick?" You're living in a fantasy world if you think Ken is too harsh on our team and obviously haven't followed other CFB teams enough to know how brutal some media outlets can be.

I know I’m not being fair. He has written some great stuff and he’s not an evil person.

It just really makes me laugh sometimes when he goes way out of his way in one side but not the other. He for some reason felt like doing the research to find out how many P5 teams didn’t get somebody drafted the last 2 years and was able to count it and publish it. Then when we land Clayton from Florida, he’s called a “4-star” with no context. Nothing else said. Is he ranked #300 in the country? #250? No. ESPN said #10, Rivals #27 and 247 Composite #27. Rivals is a 5-star but 247 had him as the first non 5-star. If a QB goes 3-10 in a game yea that sucks, and he’ll spend the time to find how bad that is compared to every gold team east of the Mississippi in noon games since 1900. How about when we get teams with 3 byes against us in back to back years? How about when we get 5 noon games? Who else got that? Which players had better stats than those who got all conference awards but didn’t get noticed? Crickets.

So yea, he’s not always bad and I wasn’t fair to him. But he’s also lazy a lot. You should listen to the **** he asks like in post practice press conferences.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
I know I’m not being fair. He has written some great stuff and he’s not an evil person.

It just really makes me laugh sometimes when he goes way out of his way in one side but not the other. He for some reason felt like doing the research to find out how many P5 teams didn’t get somebody drafted the last 2 years and was able to count it and publish it. Then when we land Clayton from Florida, he’s called a “4-star” with no context. Nothing else said. Is he ranked #300 in the country? #250? No. ESPN said #10, Rivals #27 and 247 Composite #27. Rivals is a 5-star but 247 had him as the first non 5-star. If a QB goes 3-10 in a game yea that sucks, and he’ll spend the time to find how bad that is compared to every gold team east of the Mississippi in noon games since 1900. How about when we get teams with 3 byes against us in back to back years? How about when we get 5 noon games? Who else got that? Which players had better stats than those who got all conference awards but didn’t get noticed? Crickets.

So yea, he’s not always bad and I wasn’t fair to him. But he’s also lazy a lot. You should listen to the **** he asks like in post practice press conferences.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-rules-change/pLg2pHxtj5HjwcpqyNHx4I/amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...e-rule-change/lZi2xvYcCVJiTPCTsCAYnJ/amp.html

The ratings cuts both both ways. I haven't previously heard him mention when our 4 stars just barely made the cut, why mention when they're exceptional? I've listened to a good number of the post practice interviews this year and in the past and I have no problems with what he's asking. Even if he knows something he still has to get it on record before he can publish. The only part I get annoyed at is Kelly trying to ask questions the nanosecond someone is done talking and trying to ask 40 questions without letting anyone else get a word in.

Deleted member 2897

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-rules-change/pLg2pHxtj5HjwcpqyNHx4I/amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...e-rule-change/lZi2xvYcCVJiTPCTsCAYnJ/amp.html

The ratings cuts both both ways. I haven't previously heard him mention when our 4 stars just barely made the cut, why mention when they're exceptional? I've listened to a good number of the post practice interviews this year and in the past and I have no problems with what he's asking. Even if he knows something he still has to get it on record before he can publish. The only part I get annoyed at is Kelly trying to ask questions the nanosecond someone is done talking and trying to ask 40 questions without letting anyone else get a word in.

See what i mean? No context. How many bye weeks did our opponents get? Does it matter? What are our records in Bye weeks compared to normal. Crickets. And BTW this year NO team gets a Bye week before us. That had never happened. Why in CPJs first year gone does that randomly happen?

In CPJs 11 years, we got our 11 Bye weeks. Our opponents got 22. In weeks where our opponents got a Bye before us and we didn’t, our record is twice as poor. We did get a handful of games where we got the Bye and our opponent didn’t - we went nearly undefeated. The only exception was the rainy monsoon game where we lost by 1 point to Miami. So those schedule issues cost us almost 1 win per year and one extra loss. Imagine if instead of an average record of 8-4 the last decade we went 9-3 on average. How many noon games? What is the attendance difference between noon or afternoon and evening? How much revenue did that cost us between other ACC teams because nobody else had as many as us?

It’s all out there for the researching...and easily so.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
See what i mean? No context. How many bye weeks did our opponents get? Does it matter? What are our records in Bye weeks compared to normal. Crickets. And BTW this year NO team gets a Bye week before us. That had never happened. Why in CPJs first year gone does that randomly happen?

In CPJs 11 years, we got our 11 Bye weeks. Our opponents got 22. In weeks where our opponents got a Bye before us and we didn’t, our record is twice as poor. We did get a handful of games where we got the Bye and our opponent didn’t - we went nearly undefeated. The only exception was the rainy monsoon game where we lost by 1 point to Miami. So those schedule issues cost us almost 1 win per year and one extra loss. Imagine if instead of an average record of 8-4 the last decade we went 9-3 on average. How many noon games? What is the attendance difference between noon or afternoon and evening? How much revenue did that cost us between other ACC teams because nobody else had as many as us?

It’s all out there for the researching...and easily so.

You live in a fantasy land. Ken does a nice job covering GT. His job isnt to prop tech up or make speculative stories about how many wins we could have had if not for random conspiracy theories our fan base has about a perceived bias.

Deleted member 2897

You live in a fantasy land. Ken does a nice job covering GT. His job isnt to prop tech up or make speculative stories about how many wins we could have had if not for random conspiracy theories our fan base has about a perceived bias.

Neither of which I’m asking for.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Surprised to see Mitch Hyatt went undrafted. Former 5 star OL and 4-year starter for Clemson, allowed only 5 sacks as a starter. Ended up with the Cowboys as an UDFA.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
40448F76-B9F7-45BA-9015-584AAF8EC632.jpeg
It’s embarrassing. NCA&T has had more players drafted in the past 3 seasons.
#salutetotheAggies

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

What's wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Tashard knows better. The pros take a minuscule proportion of all college football players. Good players are left undrafted all the time. Oth, a college education - you guys remember; that's why we have athletic scholarships - can last you a lifetime, if you are going to a school that takes it seriously. Tashard has just made that a harder sell for Tech. If I were a parent with a son considering Tech, the first thing I would do on campus would be to corner Tashard and ask him just exactly what he meant by that crack.

We can get excellent football players without this. If you read this, Tashard, stop it.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Don't actually have children, I gather?
In what world is what TC said a bad thing? That’s what he was hired to do. Bring in elite football players. Elite football players make it to the NFL. We want kids that are good enough to make it to the NFL, and if they don’t, then they have a GT degree to fall back on. That’s the easy sell compared to schools with worthless degrees.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
What's wrong with college football in a nutshell.

Tashard knows better. The pros take a minuscule proportion of all college football players. Good players are left undrafted all the time. Oth, a college education - you guys remember; that's why we have athletic scholarships - can last you a lifetime, if you are going to a school that takes it seriously. Tashard has just made that a harder sell for Tech. If I were a parent with a son considering Tech, the first thing I would do on campus would be to corner Tashard and ask him just exactly what he meant by that crack.

We can get excellent football players without this. If you read this, Tashard, stop it.

Didn't he say "I want them, of course, to come in and get an education?"

It seems you're implying that Choice valuing good football players is a bad thing... Am I comprehending this correctly?