Next year's expectations - wants/needs

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Of all the "hope-fors and dreams" mentioned getting a decent FG kicker and a guy to get to EZ should be THE EASIEST to fix.There are HIGH SCHOOL kickers doing better.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
How can an expectation of going to a bowl game next year be met with resistance on this board? That should be the lowest the bar should be set.

What do you think CGC is going to set as the expectation for next season? He is going to set a goal to win the Coastal.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
How can an expectation of going to a bowl game next year be met with resistance on this board? That should be the lowest the bar should be set.

What do you think CGC is going to set as the expectation for next season? He is going to set a goal to win the Coastal.
That is my expectation, although that is all I expect every year. If we get some solid line play on both sides of the ball, that is a legit goal.

Jmonty71

Banned
My big thing is to see improvement. Under CPJ I don't think we saw continuous improvement. He was a heck of a game coach. Not many coaches have their playbook in their heads. Just the talent level seemed to dwindle each year. We just had a pretty damned good recruiting class. I hope to see talent increase turn into more wins.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watching some bowl games ( halfway thru the bowl season ) with ACC teams, it seems Tech better be ready. Outside of Miami, at this point, the other ACC teams look about 2 season ahead of Tech in regards to personnel. Coming out of spring practice we have to have the QB situation and the O line set! No going into pre season practice still trying to figure who's playing where!

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, you are going to be disappointed then because it’s going to continue to take time to figure out who belongs where. I don’t understand why we have so many fans who are impatient. Last year was year zero and it only got worse (Adams, massive injuries, and horrible QB play). We will be improved but don’t expect miracles. I really believe in 2021 we’ll see a marked improvement and then take off.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Where does this year 0 nonsense come from? If we have another bad year this year will we people refer to it as year 0.1? Sorry, he had a pathetic first season. We will just have to wait and see if his second season gets any better

GTFLETCH

Banned
Bowl game or bust for me. If Geoff Collins can't get us back to 6-7 win avg, then he was the wrong guy for the job!

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Where does this year 0 nonsense come from? If we have another bad year this year will we people refer to it as year 0.1? Sorry, he had a pathetic first season. We will just have to wait and see if his second season gets any better

Year 0 is a way of saying the program had a terrible year but it wasn’t Collins fault.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Bowl game or bust for me. If Geoff Collins can't get us back to 6-7 win avg, then he was the wrong guy for the job!

If he only gets us back to 6 or 7 win average he was the wrong guy for the job. But he took over a unique situation. So it will take time

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Year 0 is a way of saying the program had a terrible year but it wasn’t Collins fault.
Sorry that is a cop out. He knew what he was getting into and has to own EVERY decision he makes. This past season is going to stain Tech’s record book forever, so no CGC does not get a personal pass.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Sorry that is a cop out. He knew what he was getting into and has to own EVERY decision he makes. This past season is going to stain Tech’s record book forever, so no CGC does not get a personal pass.

CGC is taking responsibility for how poor the results were on the field this year. He has. Numerous times. Sometimes, i admit, it’s hard to hear that amongst the constant “this is the biggest transition in college football history” talk. But he knows the results on the field aren’t acceptable. He knows it MUST improve and he has a plan for how to get there. Improved recruiting is part of the plan. Bringing in the coaches he has that have a combination of backgrounds but some of which have deep ties to GT is another part of the plan.

As for the year zero terminology it’s just words. For me, and I count myself as a big supporter of CGC and also of CPJ, this was the first year of our transition away from what we’ve been doing the last 11 years (and I enjoyed our offense and all the great times CPJs teams gave us) and I think year two should see us playing better more consistently but still not always and I expect lapses to cost us games. Year three is where I think we start to see bigger results in the W-L column. Different circumstances but similar to the results we had in the first three years of Bobby Ross’s tenure.

That’s just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

No doubt 3-9 will always be on our record book. And I’m sure will play a major role in making sure the 3O is never again ran at a respectable P5 school.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Did I say year zero? My bad. I meant year negative one! Y’all are way to caught up in words. We all know results are all that matter. I guess we should should just hire and fire coaches year to year until we find one that can go 15-0.

GTFLETCH

Banned
If he only gets us back to 6 or 7 win average he was the wrong guy for the job. But he took over a unique situation. So it will take time
You realize for Coach Collins to avg 6-7 wins after this 3 win season he will have to win 18 games in the next 2 years or B2B 9 win seasons... Something that has not happened at Tech since Coach Dodd... So I will take a 6 win season and then we can talk about B2B 8 wins season to get to 7 win avg.....

Now for the comment about 7 win avg, Georgia Tech is not Clemson.... so keep on smoking your feel good drug

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

I think most of us would agree with Hobbes on this:

upload_2019-12-31_21-40-31.png

I doubt we'll win the Coastal next year. We'll see going forward.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well, you are going to be disappointed then because it’s going to continue to take time to figure out who belongs where. I don’t understand why we have so many fans who are impatient. Last year was year zero and it only got worse (Adams, massive injuries, and horrible QB play). We will be improved but don’t expect miracles. I really believe in 2021 we’ll see a marked improvement and then take off.
What is an acceptable record to you for the 2020 and 2021 seasons? What are your personal expectations? You keep telling everyone to quit expecting any kind of success because it’s impossible but you don’t actually give your own opinions. We would love to hear them.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
You realize for Coach Collins to avg 6-7 wins after this 3 win season he will have to win 18 games in the next 2 years or B2B 9 win seasons... Something that has not happened at Tech since Coach Dodd... So I will take a 6 win season and then we can talk about B2B 8 wins season to get to 7 win avg.....

Now for the comment about 7 win avg, Georgia Tech is not Clemson.... so keep on smoking your feel good drug

What in the world. We play 13 games a year with a bowl game. If he doesn’t average 7 wins he will be gone. We are a program that recently had an 18 year bowl streak so playing 500 ball should be a floor.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
No expectations from me, I have my thoughts and hopes for the season but really don’t know what to expect.

I’m optimist when ever it come to GT football, I just pick all the reasons and signs that point to Tech being a really good team.

I’m type that thinks all the players are going to gel and have that chemistry next year, we will be playing in national title game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk