Next up: Ga Southern

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They played that team out of Athens this weekend and won 1 out of 3. All 3 games were fairly close. Just guessing, but I'm thinking either Pitts, Dulaney, or Gibson start on Wednesday in Statesboro. Pitts would provide a experienced presence on our first away game of the season. Dulaney was great on Friday in 3 innings of work. Gibson had been mentioned as competing with Hughes for that Sunday spot.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to guess that Hall wants to see how Pitts competes this year, and so he will get the start. Just my guess though, no inside knowledge.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no idea for mid-week games. Hall has too many options right now. And practice will decide a lot which we don't see.

You guys may be right about Pitts, but if I were planning to start Pitts on Wednesday, I would have given him an inning over the weekend. Just to get out there again before a start. So I don't know what is up with Cole.

How about Zac Ryan to start? And then pitching by committee? I do expect to see at least 4 pitchers if we get a good lead. Even if we don't we should see at least 3 pitchers. Hall is still in the evaluating stage.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no idea for mid-week games. Hall has too many options right now. And practice will decide a lot which we don't see.

You guys may be right about Pitts, but if I were planning to start Pitts on Wednesday, I would have given him an inning over the weekend. Just to get out there again before a start. So I don't know what is up with Cole.

How about Zac Ryan to start? And then pitching by committee? I do expect to see at least 4 pitchers if we get a good lead. Even if we don't we should see at least 3 pitchers. Hall is still in the evaluating stage.

Yeah, definitely expecting at least 3 pitchers and up to 5. If the game gets played....rain, rain go away

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Game is on ESPN3. Looking forward to watching - the only game I'll probably see for a month as I'll be out of country. Weather forecast is cloudy and in the 60's. Rain / tornado's cleared out by noon.

Any word on Patrick Wiseman? I sent an e-mail to WREK and maybe they will say something (probably can only say something if all is good).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My guess is the starter goes 5, and then we see on reliever each remaining inning. Hopefully, that will mean 4 more pitchers!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Did something happen to Wiseman? I was at the game and thought he was just having a bad day, could not get close to the plate.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did something happen to Wiseman? I was at the game and thought he was just having a bad day, could not get close to the plate.

Someone here said that they may have heard on WREK that Patrick hurt himself in the first few pitches the other night. I just got an e-mail back from Wiley @ WREK and he doesn't think that is the case. As I said earlier, Patrick did really well at the end of last year and in summer ball. So just a bad day.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interested to see what Pitt's got with some more time between him and his surgery. That first year back can be a little rough.

There's times I like interesting and times I don't ......... but you are exactly right that the first year back is usually very rough. The question is whether the pitchers advance or not. Some do and some don't. Comparing his last year to being "a little rough" at 0-6 with 6.90 ERA and the same number of walks as strikes is kind. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=cole-pitts

The good thing is that Howell / Hall do pitching practice and know physically how the pitchers are doing. Once they get in the game, we find out the mental aspect. We have so many pitchers to audition that Pitts must deserve it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Very curious to see how Pitts fares. I do think Hall is loyal to guys who come to GT and tries to give them every chance to succeed (translation: Pitts will be given a shot to show what he can do no matter what...almost) but I also think there will indeed be a short leash and we may see a bunch more pitchers if Pitts isn't sharp with his control. I think he might be more patient with some hits yielded of the control is good.

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Pitts is starting off wild high. Fell behind 2-0 on two of the first three hitters, and both got singles on the next pitch. Nice curve to get their cleanup hitter though.