Next UP - Clemson, Tuesday, February 23

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Don't worry

Halftime adjustments.

BG, the halftime adjustment KING :D

Paul Johnson always brings victory while in the house......he is the key

Think we're undefeated right?

Thought Lammers had a solid game. Bodes well for him next year when he'll be the man at Center, at the least coming into 2016-2017.

MGH...man, the past few games is what I've been waiting for from him his whole career. Has taken the next step into a consistently VERY good player who can impose himself on the game. Very happy to see him step it up for his last games.

Stephens also with a solid game.

Man, Clemson went on a run and couldn't miss if they wanted to and I thought, "Here we go..."

Glad to see our guys fight back and pull it out. On to BC...

4 blocks and a steal for Lammers. You could tell from the start it was going to be one of those games Q was shooting well

Crowd sounded electric.

Crowd was LOUD!

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
One game at a time, but we have a decent chance to win the next 3...hopefully the team is peaking at the right time

MidtownJacket

Staff member
FINALLY!! We went straight stone cold killer from the line to close out the game and did some great things during our run to storm back into the game and finally take the lead.

Helluva game Jackets! Thanks for the Win!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
great win. they are finally learning how to win which breeds confidence. instead of being hesitant during the last 4-5 minutes they played like they knew they were going to win.

btw i think clemson is a very good team. they had a 3 game win streak against duke ul and ? which is nothing to sneeze at.

congrats team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Last 3 games... Rotation choices improving. Bench decreasing, wins increasing. It's causation, not just correlation.

MGH played his biggest minutes in the last 4 games. We are undefeated when Smith plays 35+ (UVA, FSU, tonight).

Mitchell's minutes at 21/game over last three. Lammers got 20+ min 2 of the last 3... he's a perfect 8 for 8 while averaging more rebounds than Mitchell and 2 blocks/game. He's also clearly altering the trajectory of shots that he's not getting his hands on.

No excuse for the minutes distribution to start happening at this point in the season.

Surprise for me is Q... First time he's played 30+ min was the last three games. He's shooting 41% overall / 39% from 3... that's solid. But the real surprise is 7 rebounds and a block in all 3 games. He's starting to maximize his potential.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Lammers came in with 5:16 left and played all but the last 3 seconds with 1 def reb and one block (2 ps they did not have at the end).
Who was it, Al McQuire?, "what matters is who is in the game at the end". Played 21 minutes total.
I thought one of Q's better games, 11 pts, 7 boards and a blk against 2 turns and he was on the floor 34 minutes.

Clemson with 20 assists.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Hell of a game tonight. This is the type of basketball that I watched growing up as a kid that made me love GT basketball as much, if not more than, GT football. I hope this team doesn't think BC is a slouch and slip up. If we win at BC and win at UL we will make the tournament. We could still make it even if we just beat BC, play UL tough, and then win a game or two in the ACC tournament. The ACC has been fantastic this year. 10-12 teams deserve to make the tournament and the way we've played lately I think we should be in that group.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hell of a game tonight. This is the type of basketball that I watched growing up as a kid that made me love GT basketball as much, if not more than, GT football. I hope this team doesn't think BC is a slouch and slip up. If we win at BC and win at UL we will make the tournament. We could still make it even if we just beat BC, play UL tough, and then win a game or two in the ACC tournament. The ACC has been fantastic this year. 10-12 teams deserve to make the tournament and the way we've played lately I think we should be in that group.
If we didn't lose to ETSU and VT I would agree, but chances are very very slim even with the wins.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
If we didn't lose to ETSU and VT I would agree, but chances are very very slim even with the wins.
yeah I would say our best chance would be win against bc Saturday lose a close one against Louisville win against pitt then in acc tourney win first 2 rounds and I hope we get miami over unc

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Hell of a game tonight. This is the type of basketball that I watched growing up as a kid that made me love GT basketball as much, if not more than, GT football.
We have ACC basketball again! These games usually produce nothing but dread and despair. Now I really believe we can win. I know GT giveth and taketh away, but I'm enjoying it for now

One thing I will say is no matter how you feel about CBG, if he gets credits for the losses, he gets credits for the wins too. I don't care if his gameplan is give MGH the ball and see who can stop him. I'm torn on whether I want this to save his job, but I can't hope for selfish losses here. I hope this team beats some @$$ before all is said and done

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I don't live in Atlanta and have a job. I've not yet become independently wealthy although I am closing in on the 1 in 6 club, I'm too young to retire, nobody's won the lottery yet and/or is willing to support my GT sports habit, so I'm afraid I'll have to keep on working.
C'est la vie!