Next schedule brutal... whatever

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
We play Clemson and Ugag every year, next season adds ND which everybody hear calls overrated. BFD.

Most of the same guys so concerned about the “brutal” schedule are the very guys complaining about our lack of marquee matchups and playing FCS teams.

Well, you can’t have both ways. I bet our players are excited about playing another big time nationally televised game. Our coach sure is or so he says.

Why is next year so much worse than any other year we’ve had one extra marquee matchup? Last I checked, we still play in the lowly ACC Coastal.
Call me a non-traditionalist , but i'd be happy if we didn't have the fixed Atlantic opponent every year(Clemson), I mean lets see someone different for a change.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Call me a non-traditionalist , but i'd be happy if we didn't have the fixed Atlantic opponent every year(Clemson), I mean lets see someone different for a change.

You really want the variety of Syracuse, Wake Forest, NC State and Boston College? The only one I miss is FSU. Especially since we're the closest ACC opponent to Tallahassee. But I wouldn't give up Clemson for them.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You really want the variety of Syracuse, Wake Forest, NC State and Boston College? The only one I miss is FSU. Especially since we're the closest ACC opponent to Tallahassee. But I wouldn't give up Clemson for them.
14 teams (15 with ND) is too many for conference schedules to be balanced. Especially when you’re only playing 8 conference games. I wish all conferences with more than 12 teams would go to a “pod” system. That way you keep your most important conference rivalries, and see the other teams at least once every 3 years. This article sums it up very well, and provides visuals to boot.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...0734585/college-football-divisions-pod-system