Next DC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Another point of reference.

Toledo put up 30 points and over 400 yards of offense against Miami. Same Miami team we scored 25 points against and didn't break 300 yards.

I'd say Nate Woody did a great job today against Toledo.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Circus references...ok.

So.....are you contending Woody is a great D.C.? Do all the Roof haters concur? If so I like Hell we hire him. Then if we don't live up to expectations....some of our fans that act like clowns ((y))....can shut their pie holes about coaching. Because the new guy doesn't have the flaws y'all hate so much. :cigar:

Bro
Another point of reference.

Toledo put up 30 points and over 400 yards of offense against Miami. Same Miami team we scored 25 points against and didn't break 300 yards.

I'd say Nate Woody did a great job today against Toledo.

Doesn't matter Ted is the man

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm a clown because I think Roof is a bad fit for us? Well honk my nose and squeeze a few more in the Pinto.:cigar:

If you think all our failures on D are solely on Roof, his bad scheme, inability to coach fundamentals, etc. then yeah. If you contend that we could have done better or will with someone else not so much.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For good or bad, we're gonna find out next season.

Maybe. I think improvements can be made. A great D.C. will make bigger strides than I'd hope for. But I have a sneaking suspicion a average to good D.C. wont make a huge impact.

I'm anticipating marginal improvement unless the next one pretty much sucks. Due to improved depth and experience. I

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would be OK with a defense like App St showed last night. The last time we got a coach from Boone it worked out pretty well for us.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I want someone with P5 recruiting experience. You guys telling me this new big money splash hire is coming from App St???
Did you see the way that App State d got after it last night? We've got some young talent. They just need to be put in a scheme to utilize their speed and athleticism. That defense is taylor made for guys like Vic A, Kaleb Oliver, Jaquez Jackson, Jaquan Henderson, Tariq Carpenter, etc.

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the MAC is overrated this season and Toledo is the weakest 11 win team I've seen in a long time. Toledo looked slow to me and App State ran rings around them

For those thinking Toledo was overrated on offense, they scored 30 against the Hurricanes at Miami. That’s a few more than us. (Granted they did give up 50 though!)

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
I want someone with P5 recruiting experience. You guys telling me this new big money splash hire is coming from App St???

I don’t disagree with you but all the talent in the world won’t help us if they aren’t out in the right position to make plays.

Hoping for an aggressive DC plus a great recruiter to join. (And hoping we keep McCollum who looks to be our best recruiter despite the narrative that Roof was a God when it comes to recruiting)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Did you see the way that App State d got after it last night? We've got some young talent. They just need to be put in a scheme to utilize their speed and athleticism. That defense is taylor made for guys like Vic A, Kaleb Oliver, Jaquez Jackson, Jaquan Henderson, Tariq Carpenter, etc.

In addition to the aggressive attack-ack defense that App. st. played last night, I saw a lot of enthusiasm and fire from their defensive unit, something I haven't really noticed from our guys since about 2014. I'm all abour the Woody train.