News Flash

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
We are going to be a better passing team than last year.

Many on this site believe that going back to basics means that we will see very little passing. It is going to be run run and more run. I beg to differ. I believe that running the option better is going to have us passing better because we will be doing it on our terms. Play action will mean something. FWIW I will throw money down (metaphorically speaking, I don't really gamble) that we average at least as many attempts as the historical average under CPJ. Further more, I think we will find that JT does a good job of finding open guys and checking down while buying himself time. What say you?

The offense is designed this way; whereas, the pass is setup to take advantage of teams that sell out to run support. I agree this is a logical conclusion from a schematic standpoint, but we still have to execute.

Our pass protection last year was atrocious. If this doesn't significantly improve, I don't see how passing can approve even if JT proves more able. I couldn't tell either way at the scrimmage I attended.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
In thinking about this a little more, I think success will be defined this year by our ability to execute the 3O and keep the defense rested. We just have so little dline depth. This means the passing game must be threatening enough to keep folks from loading 8-9 in the box constantly. The resurrection of the death march in critical games at critical times will be a good indicator this strategy is working.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As long as we have a higher PPP (assuming we have equal or a greater number of possesions) than our opponent each game, I don't care if it's death marches, one play or ST scores for GT. Just win! :D