new schedule format

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Well seeing that louisville is one of the few teams we've been able to beat under collins. maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

That's fine and all, I just have no interest in playing Louisville at all. Not that great of a program (probably saying the same thing about us), no real rivalry, not really driving distance. Would say the same about Syracuse, Va. Tech and Miami. Don't mind BC because I like Boston. I guess Pitt is a fairly reasonable rival for us as an intown university, but don't really care for them either. We've been in the league since 1979 and played Duke every year since the 1930s(?) and we get stuck with Louisville? Screwed once again....

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
GT got the shaft. If you think permanently playing Louisville and Wake Forest, two games that will never have any lasting interest from anyone. Gross

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
GT got the shaft. If you think permanently playing Louisville and Wake Forest, two games that will never have any lasting interest from anyone. Gross
Amen, frick the ACC once again. We get stuck with playing the consistently hardest team to beat in the conf, plus two teams that literally nobody cares about playing. Thanks SO much ACC, It makes me want to leave this conf twice as bad now. They really should have done this with zero perm opponents

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if permanent is really permanent. Maybe we will run through the cycle once or twice and they’ll switch it up.

Doubtful. Many of these permanent matchups are historic rivalries and there isn't much changing up possible. There's nowhere for Wake Forest and Louisville to go and nobody else wants them. We just have to deal.

2023 home conference slate: BC, UNC, Cuse, Louisville. Gross. Might be the weakest schedule of my entire lifetime. Sad.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’m not mad at it.
Drew the best team in the ACC, and We should have a realistic chance to beat Wake every year. Louisville is a good match up and a program very similar to ours. Little brother in state and play an SEC game to close out the season.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well seeing that louisville is one of the few teams we've been able to beat under collins. maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one.
Im not sure I would rely on this being true going forward. Louisville will have more NIL money than we do. They already have 3 top 100 players committed for 2023 and another in the top 200.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Amen, frick the ACC once again. We get stuck with playing the consistently hardest team to beat in the conf, plus two teams that literally nobody cares about playing. Thanks SO much ACC, It makes me want to leave this conf twice as bad now. They really should have done this with zero perm opponents
We are no longer a significant member of the ACC. We are a cellar dweller in their eyes. UNC is still running things behind the scenes. All the more reason to move out of NC to be fair to the other members. We have to become a nationally recognized program in FB and BB to get any respect within the conference.
How many WF fans will come to our stadium. Not many with the smallest D1 school enrollment (at least it used to be). I have to admit my hat is off to them. They are a lot better athletically at this point than we are. Even golf.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
At least from a ticket sales perspective we are keeping clemson and uga in opposite years. That said would have preferred VT, fsu, uva, unc, Duke, or Pitt over WF and UL

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
So my first reaction to this was that we got off pretty easy. We all knew that Clemson was a given, but winding up with Louisville and Wake Forest isn't as bad as it could be. Wake Forest is enjoying a high at the moment but it's not going to be that way for long. I know Louisville looks great on paper, but they always find a way to ruin their own season and we typically have success against them. Clemson is what Clemson is. I'm honestly happy we didn't get Duke. They are a thorn in our side and like it or not, they tend to give us a game more times than not. I actually think Clemson got the shaft in this draw surprisingly. FSU is on the way up and we know the struggles that Clemson can have with NCSU. I am shocked they didn't get the cakewalk schedule and wind up with BC, Virginia, and Duke. I figured they wouldn't get Syracuse since they have scared them too much in the past few years. Oh well, that's my sorta-kinda hot take for the day. Still want us in the Big10. Screw the ACC!