New Schedule Announced

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The decision to do a +1 looks a bit ridiculous now. Three teams are playing Liberty. Ohio, Western Kentucky, Samford, Old Dominion, and Charlotte also got games. We are basically the only team playing a quality OOC game although Clemson and UNC have yet to schedule one.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone else think this schedule looks like they made it so that Notre Dame has an easy path to the ACC Championship game?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If the current regulations in NY stay in place, Syracuse would have a hard time getting ACC teams in the state for a home game. I think Boston College would be the only ACC team that could actually play a game without quarantining in NY for two weeks before the game.

EDIT: It looks like I missed Pittsburgh. They could have two home games.
Cuse would have to quarantine for two weeks when they return from a road game.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The decision to do a +1 looks a bit ridiculous now. Three teams are playing Liberty. Ohio, Western Kentucky, Samford, Old Dominion, and Charlotte also got games. We are basically the only team playing a quality OOC game although Clemson and UNC have yet to schedule one.

Would have rather kept GW, to be honest. But TStan's good relationship with UCF probably made it easier to keep that game.

How can we, or anybody, go to Syracuse? Doesn't NY require a 2 week quarantine on anybody coming into their state? And WTH have a Friday night game? The high schools will have enough problems of their own without a college game interfering with them. Plus, why do we even need a Friday night game?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
How can we, or anybody, go to Syracuse? Doesn't NY require a 2 week quarantine on anybody coming into their state? And WTH have a Friday night game? The high schools will have enough problems of their own without a college game interfering with them. Plus, why do we even need a Friday night game?

The two possibilities would be there is an exemption for athletes (I assume MLB has one) or that we hope that quarantine thing is no longer in effect by the time the game is played.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The two possibilities would be there is an exemption for athletes (I assume MLB has one) or that we hope that quarantine thing is no longer in effect by the time the game is played.

The current exemption is only for professional sports teams. They might modify the requirements, but haven't yet. The professional exemption is only for playing or practicing the sport. Players, coaches, and support staff are still quarantined if not actually participating in the sport.

I assume the reason that only professional teams are exempted is to keep from having travel softball, basketball, etc teams from entering the state and playing games.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Cuse would have to quarantine for two weeks when they return from a road game.

Which means that they would only not be on quarantine for four weeks during the season if I am applying the quarantine rules to correctly to the schedule. How will they be able to attend classes and keep up with school if they are quarantined almost the whole semester?