New Schedule Announced

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My first reaction is this is a good schedule for us.

It’s been a long time - maybe a decade - since I could look at the schedule and not think we were on the wrong end of fair. This is a very difficult schedule but not unfair.

Lame UGA bailed.

/
I agree. I hate to say it, but I like the idea of 10 and 2. 10 conference games and 2 out of conference.
It creates a reason to refocus on ACC as a whole.

Sounds terrible, but I wouldn't mind making uga every other year. Home, away, home, away. Every other year would make it more special to me. Then the odd years we don't play, we could possibly bring in Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, SC, or some Big 10, Big 12 teams. Give us a gimmie game. Like Jax state, Gardner Webb, Bowling Green. Then the other would be a power 5 team.

It keeps our schedule "strong" for the eye test, without being overbearing.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t think about this but we might want to look at who Miami is playing because their schedule may disrupt ours. I’m just glad we’ve got them lat because as undisciplined as they are there will be nothing left of that team come November. They’ll either be all taken out by Covid, fighting each other or in jail.
Miami plays Clemson the week before we do.
It is at Clemson though :/

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I hate to say it, but I like the idea of 10 and 2. 10 conference games and 2 out of conference.
It creates a reason to refocus on ACC as a whole.

Sounds terrible, but I wouldn't mind making uga every other year. Home, away, home, away. Every other year would make it more special to me. Then the odd years we don't play, we could possibly bring in Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, SC, or some Big 10, Big 12 teams. Give us a gimmie game. Like Jax state, Gardner Webb, Bowling Green. Then the other would be a power 5 team.

It keeps our schedule "strong" for the eye test, without being overbearing.
Would you feel the same way about it if we have been dominating the series though?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Would you feel the same way about it if we have been dominating the series though?
Depends. Does it help our S.O.S.? Right now it hurts us. Reality is we haven't dominated the series in decades.

Just love the idea of 10 and 2, but also like the idea of 1 "warmup" and 1 power 5 as the 2. uga every other year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So this means it won't be handled by the ACC. It's up to individual teams. Florida is one of the worst states in the union with handling Covid. Id suspect we have fans at Bobby Dodd. Especially since Kemp just made it harder for people to sue businesses over Covid.
NY, NJ, Mass, Conn and 13 other states all say "Hey, what about us?"
#Facts

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we should see who Syracuse plays as well!!!!
Imagine an outbreak in Charlotte... 3.5 hours away from Atlanta. Should teams be concerned about Georgia Tech? We are closer to Charlotte than 'Cuse is to NYC.

Boston College is closer to the data you're referencing. NYC should be considered its own state. Upstate New York is the midwest.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Imagine an outbreak in Charlotte... 3.5 hours away from Atlanta. Should teams be concerned about Georgia Tech? We are closer to Charlotte than 'Cuse is to NYC.

Boston College is closer to the data you're referencing. NYC should be considered its own state. Upstate New York is the midwest.
I'm curious what the numbers are for Pittsburgh, Louisville, Raleigh.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm curious what the numbers are for Pittsburgh, Louisville, Raleigh.
I don't have any idea what Raleigh's numbers are because I don't take the time to look but I can tell you in my suburb town that a lot of people do not practice social distancing nor wear masks and they think the governor extending phase 2 another five weeks is purely political. Throughout the entire summer, I've only known one family personally that got Covid though my wife is convinced her and my son had it in January (both sick as hell for 5 days with high fever and other symptoms). We did have a couple nursing homes get hit pretty hard in Wake County but other than that you don't hear about an overwhelming amount of cases or anything like that.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I guess we should see who Syracuse plays as well!!!!
New York has had their problems in the past but currently they are doing rather well with a positivity rate of only about 1%. Syracuse in particular only had 38 cases for the entire week of 07/23-07/30. Playing at Syracuse might be one of the safer games we play.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
New York has had their problems in the past but currently they are doing rather well with a positivity rate of only about 1%. Syracuse in particular only had 38 cases for the entire week of 07/23-07/30. Playing at Syracuse might be one of the safer games we play.
Wow! Doing better than metro Atlanta thats for sure!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The decision to do a +1 looks a bit ridiculous now. Three teams are playing Liberty. Ohio, Western Kentucky, Samford, Old Dominion, and Charlotte also got games. We are basically the only team playing a quality OOC game although Clemson and UNC have yet to schedule one.
Adding UCF gives us a third pre-season ranked team. We play #1 Clemson, #11 Notre Dame, and #20 UCF.