Jolly Good Fellow
here is the schedule as of today

Attachments

• ACC.jpg
    ACC.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 62

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The middle of our schedule is ROUGH. Louisville under Satterfield is going to be good, and they were 8-5 in his first season. People forget they were second in the Atlantic.

Then we get to play Clemson and ND. Probably the two best teams on the modified ACC schedule.

There's a possibility we can start 3-0. I think UCF will be a tougher matchup than either FSU or Syracuse in the first part of our schedule. FSU has a new coach, and they need to work through some issues, so getting them early is probably the better than getting them later in the season. Syracuse was better than us last year, but they were not that good last season. We need to win against Syracuse.

We will probably be underdogs against everyone in the last part of our schedule (maybe not against Duke), but Pitt-Miami-Duke-NC State are winnable for us.

I wouldn't worry about qualifying for bowl games, as I just don't see them having bowls games given that most bowls are a money losing proposition and require large movement of people across state lines. Reallly, what's the point of a bowl game if players are stuck in their hotel rooms every day because of social distancing?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We close the season with 4 winnable games after the second bye, in PITT, MIA, DUKE, NCSU. If the season lasts that long, and we get a chance to gel by then, we could end the season on a high note.

Yes. Consider last year. Wouldn't we have liked to have had Citadel and Temple late in the year once we had figured some stuff out? With a young team, there is something to be said for winnable games on the back end.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Consider last year. Wouldn't we have liked to have had Citadel and Temple late in the year last year once we have figured some stuff out? With a young team, there is something to be said for winnable games on the back end.

It's well documented that our 1990 National Championship season was set up with the development of the team in the last half of 1989. Of course every game matters, but 2020 is going to be a weird season. Everyone wants to win, but in our situation, I think getting our young guys to develop and become the foundation of future teams is just as important.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it time to restart the season record predictions?

Part 1 - FSU, UCF, SYR - I think we start 1-2. Likely 'cuse, but we might steal one against either Florida school.

Part 2 - Lville, CLEM, BC, ND - This brings us to 2-5, BC being the most winnable.

Part 3 - PITT, MIA, Dook, State - We can win 3 of these, any of the 4 could be the loss.

I think we finish 5-6, but it will be a much happier 5-6 than 2017.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
The only opponent that gets a bye week before playing us is Louisville, but we also get a bye before that game. Big difference from our option days.