New Roster is Out

WraleighWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t see any sign of Jamie Felix on Ramblin wreck.com website? Any clue on his status? Seems like prior discussion in this thread was he was back on roster after jumping out of portal.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
1722020285489.png

Felix *was* number 23. He's not listed on the ramblinwreck.com roster or in the media guide. I really hope he's still on the team - he was a solid 4 star recruit for us...

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The one 'hole' in his game. (Which improved some by the end of the year.) Was his 'power' running. He was fast and agile and has great hands - converted WR. But he wasn't a short yardage bruiser. Looks like the 10lbs he added was all muscle and lower body weight. At 5-9 and 190lbs (of solid muscle based on that pic) he could be an absolute force. Should help in pass blocking too.
You say that, but I very clearly remember him bringing in 2-4 dudes into the end zone during the Miami game and UNC game. Id say he's more powerful than he looks.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good article by Ken Sugiura about Buster Faulkner's off-season research on new offensive schemes.

One of the NFL teams that fits the description that Faulkner has ties to is the Baltimore Ravens and their OC Monken. Faulkner coached with Monken at UGA, and King has similar traits to their QB Lamar Jackson.

I get the same mad scientist vibes from Faulkner that I had with Ralph Friedgen.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One of the NFL teams that fits the description that Faulkner has ties to is the Baltimore Ravens and their OC Monken. Faulkner coached with Monken at UGA, and King has similar traits to their QB Lamar Jackson.

I get the same mad scientist vibes from Faulkner that I had with Ralph Friedgen.
Reading this, for some reason, I was thinking of another King by the name of Kim, and the confidence another coaching staff had coming into the ‘66 season. That team also had a running back you could count on and a fast elusive receiver.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is not uncommon for a team showing promise in a previous season to have some regression once expectations build. But I can’t help myself and can’t stop feeling a little giddy.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, maybe so. Fridge did that for so long at so many stops that he kind of earned that reputation. Sort of like Mike Leach without the quirks. It’s a little quick in my book to give him that title, but he’s surely a very good OC.

It’s interesting to me, that looking back, Tech has had either Fridge (9 years), Johnson (11), or Faulkner (2) at OC for the majority of years since 1987 (22 of 37 years). That’s three of the best offensive minds in modern college football that have coached at GA Tech over than span.

Other than Ray Graves (9 seasons), Bud Carson (1), Don Lindsey (2), and George O’Leary (6) the Jackets have struggled to find a great defensive mind at the DC position.

It’s kind of odd to me, though I do think Santucci has a chance to be a good one.

Last edited: