New Roster is Out

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I noticed our LB's (generally) showed weight gain - Efford is up to 230, Tatum is up to 225, Cruz up to 245. This is looking very different than the recent past and may hint to a different play style - which is likely going to be a good thing given how poor the run D was last year.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I hop
I noticed our LB's (generally) showed weight gain - Efford is up to 230, Tatum is up to 225, Cruz up to 245. This is looking very different than the recent past and may hint to a different play style - which is likely going to be a good thing given how poor the run D was last year.
It would be nice for the D to “bring the lumber” this season.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
10 lbs across the board on defense might help our tackling problem, combined with a greater focus on tackling fundamentals rather than turnovers under Thacker

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Jamal is going to be an open field tackle nightmare (more than he already was)

Attachments

• 6B413674-91EC-4BCE-A9C3-C9767A62129C.jpeg
    6B413674-91EC-4BCE-A9C3-C9767A62129C.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 116

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Jamal is going to be an open field tackle nightmare (more than he already was)

The one 'hole' in his game. (Which improved some by the end of the year.) Was his 'power' running. He was fast and agile and has great hands - converted WR. But he wasn't a short yardage bruiser. Looks like the 10lbs he added was all muscle and lower body weight. At 5-9 and 190lbs (of solid muscle based on that pic) he could be an absolute force. Should help in pass blocking too.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
The one 'hole' in his game. (Which improved some by the end of the year.) Was his 'power' running. He was fast and agile and has great hands - converted WR. But he wasn't a short yardage bruiser. Looks like the 10lbs he added was all muscle and lower body weight. At 5-9 and 190lbs (of solid muscle based on that pic) he could be an absolute force. Should help in pass blocking too.
I remember seeing him move the pile multiple times last year. For his size, he is surprisingly strong.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I am excited to see who from Cooley, Carrie, and Dickins will be the number2 RB. I believe Felix, Alexander, Gordon, and Maddox are solid backups but not in the running for number2. I do however like Alexander as the short yardage dude who will stick it in there as he hits in there quick, low, and hard. Alexander is also a really good ST player.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure what is going on with Felix with portal roullette. He proved a couple of years ago he could be a solid RB. I would not count him totally out of RB number2 if injuries/fumbleitis sets in. Good to have that depth.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I am excited to see who from Cooley, Carrie, and Dickins will be the number2 RB. I believe Felix, Alexander, Gordon, and Maddox are solid backups but not in the running for number2. I do however like Alexander as the short yardage dude who will stick it in there as he hits in there quick, low, and hard. Alexander is also a really good ST player.
Running back by committee is a great way to keep fresh legs in the game

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow

To start the year I think it will be Cooley at #2 and Dickens at #3, as the coaching staff will probably want to go with veteran players against the FSU defense. I think Carrie might see the field for a couple plays to get exposure to the speed of the college game and how hard players hit at this level. If Carrie plays more than that, that means he had a great camp and really impressed the coaching staff and I will be super excited to see what he does the rest of the year.

By the end of the year, barring injuries, I think it will be Carrie at #2.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not sure what is going on with Felix with portal roullette. He proved a couple of years ago he could be a solid RB. I would not count him totally out of RB number2 if injuries/fumbleitis sets in. Good to have that depth.

Is Felix on the team? I don't see him on the roster.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
To start the year I think it will be Cooley at #2 and Dickens at #3, as the coaching staff will probably want to go with veteran players against the FSU defense. I think Carrie might see the field for a couple plays to get exposure to the speed of the college game and how hard players hit at this level. If Carrie plays more than that, that means he had a great camp and really impressed the coaching staff and I will be super excited to see what he does the rest of the year.

I too would like to see him at #2 if not but for the size angle.Getting 3rd and 2 is critical in some games-- not even to mention in the RZ..

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

I don't see him in the media guide...

His twitter says he withdrew from the Transfer portal. Not sure if he's still with the team or not...

Felix RB has been on the ramblingwreck on-line roster for some time. Moore DL was added last week when the roster was updated with pics for new players. Gee DB has not yet been put on that roster.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Cruz is still listed at LB. But he's up to near an Edge weight and he's got height. At Duke, iirc, Santucci used stand up rush ends. Cruz could profile excellently in that role.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

That makes sense. Even Gibbs didn’t get many snaps at the beginning of his freshman season.