New recruit Petty $800,000 per year NIL

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I think this is the kind of out of the box thinking that smart schools should be doing. Just like Cal putting up billboards.
I used the example at the end of the U game…
You can bet that if there were FSU or UF fans watching, they would’ve been scanning QRs and making donations. Probably small ones but they would’ve. It’s actually an out of the box way to expand your donation pool

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Too late to edit my previous post but after revisiting the latest info on this, direct payments to players are not just for NIL under the House settlement - there's a revenue-sharing aspect to the settlement that seems like the players would be paid just for being on the team. It's not clear exactly how this will be structured, but that's another item on the "they're employees" list.

I'm not saying this is good - just reporting the facts. This is going to be a seismic shift in college sports.
Revenue sharing is not payment from the school, but sharing of revenue generated by the NIL associated with the media contracts. Schools will be the pass-through. None of this makes them employees, but that's my opinion, I get it. As for the mandatory stuff, let the band guy not show up for halftime show preparation and see how long he's in the band.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I used the example at the end of the U game…
You can bet that if there were FSU or UF fans watching, they would’ve been scanning QRs and making donations. Probably small ones but they would’ve. It’s actually an out of the box way to expand your donation pool
I really don't think that would ever happen