New radio promo throw some shade!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think that the OP is a fan of HBCU schools and is happy to see that this is reminiscent of communications from schools in that classification. Some of us thought (incorrectly and myself included) that the OP was saying that we shouldn't do something that would fit in well with HBCU schools. He's since clarified that is was a 'Thumbs Up', not a potentially derogatory comment.

I think that the OP is a fan of HBCU schools and is happy to see that this is reminiscent of communications from schools in that classification. Some of us thought (incorrectly and myself included) that the OP was saying that we shouldn't do something that would fit in well with HBCU schools. He's since clarified that is was a 'Thumbs Up', not a potentially derogatory comment.
The OP didn't really mean much to me one way or another. I just like the ad. If anyone wants to say it's HBCU-like, fine; that doesn't bother me.

GT_EE78

Banned
:ROFLMAO: Yeah I realized I missed the s at the end of throw just after my edit window closed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks, i still haven't heard it. need to reboot to get the sound working again.
Now i'm guessing that may have been the title whereas i initially thought you were asking people to "throw shade" at the radio promo.

Milkwilly

Georgia Tech Fan
Idk if people realize but my username is a combination of (S)outh (W)est (A)tlanta (T)oo/lien and hip hop group, and arguably the most famous music group from Atlanta, OutKast second album; Atliens. I’m immersed in Atlanta and Atlanta’s Black culture.

As a graduate of an HBCU this acknowledgment is nothing but positive and affirming:

Adadu (aka PC police) owes you an apology

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Love the PC police crying in this post and then going on the attack. Please grow a pair and be a professional in life and behind the keyboard.

So you believe the more professional thing to do is look the other way when others are marginalized and made to feel as outsiders? How is that growing a pair? Frankly it sounds pretty cowardly to me.

GT_EE78

Banned
Idk if people realize but my username is a combination of (S)outh (W)est (A)tlanta (T)oo/lien and hip hop group, and arguably the most famous music group from Atlanta, OutKast second album; Atliens. I’m immersed in Atlanta and Atlanta’s Black culture.

As a graduate of an HBCU this acknowledgment is nothing but positive and affirming:

thanks for providing that info. Guess i'm older than most , never heard of that group nor would i have known that there was an HBCU style of communication or music.
never too old to learn

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think you're interpreting this backward. I don't believe you're the intended target for the post.
Fair enough. I'll just let it go. I was just worried (incorrectly) that we were implying that we were too good to do anything that seemed HBCU. Time for a beer.