New radio promo throw some shade!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I'm probably older than most folks in this thread - after having read every post in this thread, I will point out that quite a few folks have their "offended" radar on maximum sensitivity.

How about we all just re-calibrate to what we all love (Georgia Tech) and let the rest drop off as noise.

There is no reason the older GT fans and the younger GT fans cannot unite under the GT banner. At some point, we can hash through the linguistic issues but for now, I don't care - I stand next to both young and old to help GT to victory. Can we just set all this social justice stuff aside for the other six days of the week and get on the same page for gameday?

I have had very constructive conversations with folks from every corner of the spectrum on all these issues and I can promise you that there is a common ground we can build on. But on gameday weekend, let's just do what we are supposed to do and support our team and hopefully enjoy a win.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We've, shall we say, done it before. Pepper was particularly good at it.

Takethepoints, I was at GT when Pepper roamed the Flats. As a coach, not a player. Granted he was a Steve Spurrier type before Spurrier was a known name. But his comments, like Spurrier's, were unscripted and intentional jabs at others. He was a lone wolf. The GTAA was a silent monolith as it has been for eons. The key difference here is that this is not a one liner at a presser, this was professionally done by people who ARE NOT the HC. It feels more like the entire organization is rowing the boat in the same direction. (Please dear Lord let this be true and not merely wishful thinking down here on my part). That, my friend, is what seems different to me.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Idk if people realize but my username is a combination of (S)outh (W)est (A)tlanta (T)oo/lien and hip hop group, and arguably the most famous music group from Atlanta, OutKast second album; Atliens. I’m immersed in Atlanta and Atlanta’s Black culture.

As a graduate of an HBCU this acknowledgment is nothing but positive and affirming:

I’m sorry that I read your message the wrong way. I’m too used to seeing it in 2020 unfortunately, thank you for clarifying. Thank you for bringing me back to level ground and getting my head on straight (btw ATLiens is by far the best outkast album IMO!!) Go Jackets and FILA (Forever I Love Atlanta!!)

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
He's commenting on the racial undertones which is to say the least EXTREMELY questionable. What do you want, some country bumpkin talking about how much Tech loves the USA? I can already pin you as over 65 years old. Very weird thing to even say.

🙄