New Movies

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For anyone wanting to watch the dumbest movie that I’ve seen in all my years, feel free to watch Doctor Sleep. It’s the supposed new sequel to The Shining. We laughed out loud throughout the movie at the ridiculousness of it all. What an epic fail.

Did you watch the whole thing? If you did, that will be very confusing.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

This is confusing. You've boasted on multiple occasions about walking out of the theater for movies you paid money for, but didn't like.

Doctor Sleep was on HBO tonight. You could've just changed the channel, but you stuck it out.

giphy.gif

Milwaukee

Banned
This is confusing. You've boasted on multiple occasions about walking out of the theater for movies you paid money for, but didn't like.

Doctor Sleep was on HBO tonight. You could've just changed the channel, but you stuck it out.

giphy.gif

I didn’t watch alone, it was a group decision. We had to finish it to be able to tell the jokes about how bad it was.

Literally top 5 dumbest movies I’ve ever seen. Others agreed.

Edit: I take it that you liked it?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I didn’t watch alone, it was a group decision. We had to finish it to be able to tell the jokes about how bad it was.

Literally top 5 dumbest movies I’ve ever seen. Others agreed.

Edit: I take it that you liked it?

I saw it was on and had no interest. Was watching AAU hoops livestream instead to get a sports fix.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I recommend it just to see the train wreck if you’re a movie buff. Just go into it with a sense of humor and 2 bottles of wine.
I love movies, but I don't think I classify as a movie buff, so I'm gonna take a pass.

My bad movies of choice are Good Burger & Hudson Hawk.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve got my popcorn out with extra butter. So you boys keep this going, and please don’t hold back any drama. Films average around 1 hour and 40 minutes, therefore keep us entertained a while longer?

This is better than reading the resident Doctors hash it out over articles they post in the coronageddon thread!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’ve got my popcorn out with extra butter. So you boys keep this going, and please don’t hold back any drama. Films average around 1 hour and 40 minutes, therefore keep us entertained a while longer?

This is better than reading the resident Doctors hash it out over articles they post in the coronageddon thread!

Have you ever seen Hudson Hawk?

Personally, I enjoy it a lot, but it's critically viewed as one of the worst movies of all time.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like my share of Adam Sandler movies, but Grandma's Boy might be the best Adam Sandler movie and he's not even in it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Personally, I enjoy it a lot, but it's critically viewed as one of the worst movies of all time.
I try to forget all the stinkers I’ve witnessed. If that was the Bruce Willis airplane bomb, I did see it. You’re right, not a good flick.
The best movies I’ve seen lately are on SonyCrackle. Free is good too!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I try to forget all the stinkers I’ve witnessed. If that was the Bruce Willis airplane bomb, I did see it. You’re right, not a good flick.
The best movies I’ve seen lately are on SonyCrackle. Free is good too!

It is a Bruce Willis bomb, but it's about him as a famous cat burglar. I love it, but it's terrible.

slugboy

Staff member

There’s a set of critical reviews lately that Hudson Hawk, Ishtar, and some other bombs are really under appreciated cult classics.

Here’s one for Hudson Hawk: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-misunderstood-ambition-of-hudson-hawk

BTW, Blade Runner and The Thing both bombed in the same summer. Both got trashed by critics.

UHF, which is one of my guilty pleasures, ran into the combined buzzsaws of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Batman, Ghostbusters 2, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There’s a set of critical reviews lately that Hudson Hawk, Ishtar, and some other bombs are really under appreciated cult classics.

Here’s one for Hudson Hawk: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-misunderstood-ambition-of-hudson-hawk

BTW, Blade Runner and The Thing both bombed in the same summer. Both got trashed by critics.

UHF, which is one of my guilty pleasures, ran into the combined buzzsaws of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Batman, Ghostbusters 2, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to read that article.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just finished it. I liked it too!

wonder if they’ll make a sequel. They set it up at the end...

I've never read the book, but saw an interview with the creator on Friday.

He originally planned to do just one series, but the artist liked it so much apparently, they're doing 2 more story arcs, the first of which is currently in progress. To your point, I'd expect a sequel and then, probably, a final movie.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I just watched An Inspector Calls on Amazon Prime Video.

it is a BBC movie which is mildly entertaining. If you were a member of the UK's Labor Party, you would love this movie as it is practically a propaganda piece about the evil rich and downtrodden poor. Liberals might enjoy it. Most would be intrigued for about an hour, and then when they realized the contrived nature of the plot as being a way to persecute the evil rich, it becomes...tedious.

PS-I should have realized, but this movie was based on on a play first performed in Moscow in 1945. It fits.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Couple things we have seen recently and liked:
NETFLIX TV SHOWS: Babylon Berlin; Alone; Peaky Blinders; Money Heist; Black Mirror; Space Force
DISNEY +: Togo (the story told in Balto, but from the perspective of a dog sled driver who did 8x the distance of Balto)
PRIME VIDEO: On the basis of sex (RBG Biopic); Jack Ryan Series