New DC one step closer?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Agree. I would think Andy McCollum would be one of the few (if any) holdovers from that side of the ball considering his importance to our recruiting. I think CNW (cause he's our coach now!) wouldn't have taken the job if CPJ told him to cook a meal but only using the ingredients in the cupboard. I'm sure Woody wants to shop for his own ingredients if he's going to be held to a certain standard by CPJ.
I like this interpretation.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Agree. I would think Andy McCollum would be one of the few (if any) holdovers from that side of the ball considering his importance to our recruiting. I think CNW (cause he's our coach now!) wouldn't have taken the job if CPJ told him to cook a meal but only using the ingredients in the cupboard. I'm sure Woody wants to shop for his own ingredients if he's going to be held to a certain standard by CPJ.
Makes me feel better about it then. I hate to see anybody out of a job, even if it is the nature of the profession. But one could hardly argue that our defense shows the result of good performance.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If keeping CAM, then he is probably being called the 10th coach by CPJ. That would let Woody hire an all new defensive staff, if he wanted to, and then plug Andy back in somewhere.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
For your reading pleasure. Looks like the App St folks think it is a done deal, that will be finalized soon. At least that's how I read it with my rose colored glasses.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/as...cle_f99c2053-f724-58a6-91e5-6aa2b15b9235.html

A few days after Appalachian State concluded its football season with a Dollar General Bowl shutout of Toledo, reports emerged that defensive coordinator Nate Woody might be getting a new job.

Woody is expected to be named the next defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech once the school’s campus reopens for 2018, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On Wednesday during his end-of-the-season teleconference, Coach Scott Satterfield of Appalachian corroborated that Georgia Tech communicated with Woody.

While Satterfield didn't confirm Woody to Georgia Tech as a completed deal, he reiterated this is just the latest instance of programs showing interest in Woody, who helped turn App State’s defense into one of the best in the Sun Belt.

“Over the years, he’s made a lot of overtures with guys wanting to talk to him and interview him, and this and that, which he’s earned that with what he’s been able to do,” Satterfield said. “Georgia Tech’s the latest school that’s talked with him and had a lot of interest in him. Those are things we are working through right now.

“I have a list of guys to replace any of our guys if they leave. But he’s earned the opportunity to talk with these other schools. Can’t make any official comment at this point in time right now, but there is certainly something there.”

If Woody moves on, it will be the third opening for the App State coaching staff to fill for the 2018 season.