New DC one step closer?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Would the GTAA call a news conference for a hire like this? Do not recall this in the past.
Just press releases. Please correct me if I am in error.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You are panicking for no reason.

Not panicking. I don’t think our future success resides solely on landing Woody. Im just saying if it was a done deal there would be an announcement already. So doesn’t seem like it’s a done deal. Which might mean we end up with someone else. If so I hope that “somebody” is already known and won’t have to be searched for.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If GTAA considers any of the following before making such announcement... then it could really just be a timing thing:
1) School's closed (semi-confirmed from the App St story linked on a post above)
2) UGA playing in Atlanta this weekend in Nat'l Championship taking up 100% of the 'news' space

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Sure is taking awhile. I thought we were 100% on this guy a week ago.
Kelly Q and Rod M have both said he’s been hired. This is the first day back that the school has been open from brake, so really the only day to have a real formal announcement. But if staff is changing there is no point in saying anything until the staff is completely in place. There is just no rush, especially with it being a dead period.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
There are too many people who say he is our DC for it not to be true.
Exactly, plus it’s been said that he’s already touched down and started to work, which tells me he’s already signed. So no backing out or losing him at this point imo.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand, he's already signed a contract and it's contingent on clearing background checks. Once that clears, GT can make it official.

FSU can throw all the cash they want at him, but they would have to buy out his contract from us, and Nate Woody would have to have reciprocating interest. I don't see any of that happening.
might we assume also that some space has to be cleared for a couple of assistants, and Johnson is doing that? Or is it going to be a new DC and he has to accept every position coach on defense? Because that would, pardon the language, really suck. He shouldn't take the job under that provision.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
might we assume also that some space has to be cleared for a couple of assistants, and Johnson is doing that? Or is it going to be a new DC and he has to accept every position coach on defense? Because that would, pardon the language, really suck. He shouldn't take the job under that provision.
He will be able to pick his own staff from what I have heard/seen on social media. I don’t have a “pay site” account.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Agree. I would think Andy McCollum would be one of the few (if any) holdovers from that side of the ball considering his importance to our recruiting. I think CNW (cause he's our coach now!) wouldn't have taken the job if CPJ told him to cook a meal but only using the ingredients in the cupboard. I'm sure Woody wants to shop for his own ingredients if he's going to be held to a certain standard by CPJ.