New DC one step closer?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
He was DC there for a long time. I think many were worried he may want to go back as HC. Now that they're hired a guy, just one less potential stumbling block. At least, that's how I saw it.
That is my thinking as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FSU has interest in Woody. They are my only concern at this point.

Really? Not that I'd looked, but I hadn't seen/heard that before.

He was at Wofford for a looong time then at App St for a relatively short time. A job like FSU would be a huge step up. I mean, he's not really dealt with that kind of irrational scrutiny ever has he?

Not saying he'd be insulated here but we're an imminently more patient situation.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FSU has interest in Woody. They are my only concern at this point.

From what I understand, he's already signed a contract and it's contingent on clearing background checks. Once that clears, GT can make it official.

FSU can throw all the cash they want at him, but they would have to buy out his contract from us, and Nate Woody would have to have reciprocating interest. I don't see any of that happening.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand, he's already signed a contract and it's contingent on clearing background checks. Once that clears, GT can make it official.

FSU can throw all the cash they want at him, but they would have to buy out his contract from us, and Nate Woody would have to have reciprocating interest. I don't see any of that happening.
From my understanding he’s already cleared background checks. Idk if he’s signed yet though?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Is campus open today? Just wondering when we can remove that excuse from the list of reasons why we haven’t sealed the deal yet.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Really? Not that I'd looked, but I hadn't seen/heard that before.

He was at Wofford for a looong time then at App St for a relatively short time. A job like FSU would be a huge step up. I mean, he's not really dealt with that kind of irrational scrutiny ever has he?

Not saying he'd be insulated here but we're an imminently more patient situation.

Money talks....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Money talks....

From my expert research (i.e. perusing the AppSt board), other schools have come a-callin' for him before and he's refused. He's well-respected from his work at Wofford so I presume he's turned down money. Supposedly, we're offering something close to double his current salary but got his attention mainly due to 'fit'.

If he "fit" here, he don't "fit" FSU.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
From my expert research (i.e. perusing the AppSt board), other schools have come a-callin' for him before and he's refused. He's well-respected from his work at Wofford so I presume he's turned down money. Supposedly, we're offering something close to double his current salary but got his attention mainly due to 'fit'.

If he "fit" here, he don't "fit" FSU.

I see no reason to agree with this notion. I hope you are right but I’m not buying it.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Kelly Q. In the teaser of a headline is reporting the Woody is already "on the ground working" at GT. Could this be true prior to GT making an "official announcement" that Woody has been hired as DC?
Perhaps I could see it because CPJ isn't much for the dog and pony show but more results driven. Thoughts? If there is a announcement today will it be televised or just sent out in the form of a press release to media sources?