Need to build a dome over BDS@HGF

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Good bad or otherwise, we might want to have more away games against northern located opponents earlier in the season and any earlier season home games at night. It just makes sense for the players and fans safety. The only people that may not notice the heat are the youngsters pickled on bourbon.

Wait a tick, maybe they give out bourbon so nobody notices the heat--- SOLVED!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
What we need and can probably afford one day is comfortable chair back seating with more space between us. Along with beer sales, that would make me happy.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What we need and can probably afford one day is comfortable chair back seating with more space between us. Along with beer sales, that would make me happy.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

100% chairbacks, awning to protect fans from weather, order food delivered to seats by app, alcohol sales, and an iPad sized interactive screen for each seat for replays, etc. Anything else I am missing?

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea that would create a crazy amount of wind from the propellers that would definitely effect the game. Those engineers must have forgotten about that. But it would keep you cool.

If I were designing such an apparatus, I would move it further from the field, both to cast a larger shadow, and to keep propellor wind/noise down, but they didn't ask me before they made their mock-up

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Given that the light rays from the sun are parallel when they reach the earth, moving the platform further away will reduce the wind/noise, but it would not change the size of the shadow... Sorry blame it on the physics major in me :)

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
An awning over the western upper stands would not obstruct skyline views. It would also attract older season ticket holders who are more affected by the blistering heat. This would open up seats immediately behind the home bench for younger fans who would be more willing to stand up and cheer when the players ask us to.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
100% chairbacks, awning to protect fans from weather, order food delivered to seats by app, alcohol sales, and an iPad sized interactive screen for each seat for replays, etc. Anything else I am missing?
Yes! And it's all free!!! To be paid for with a tax increase on "the rich"... You know, any household making over $60K. [emoji6]

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe its a constitutional right to have chair backs and alcohol. Someone ask Beto to make sure.