Need to build a dome over BDS@HGF

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I have never understood why American football stadiums don't implement awning systems like virtually all soccer stadiums. When Tech played in Aviva in Dublin, it was great. It was kind of crappy and raining, but under the awning it was really comfortable and great. Still felt 100% outdoors, field conditions were the same as an American football stadium, but the majority of fans were 3x as comfortable:

georgia-tech-v-boston.jpg

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
YES!!!! Allow CPJ to come back for the sake of seeing his disappointed facial expression stare at the other team as he gives them a thumb down when we lead in the 4th quarter!

I would prefer gladiatorial thumb down to money down
Somebody needs to photoshop that scene from gladiator to have cpj's face on it.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Funnily enough, the late 60s and early 70s were the coolest time in Georgia in recorded history. So no, it wasn't "just as hot". ;)

If you'd been going to games at Grant Field in the 20s and 30s, then yeah ... your point would be valid.

image002.jpg

Great find! I also decided to google GT’s historical football schedules for home openers in 1969, 1970, and 1971, and then searched the official historical weather data available for Atlanta (at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport) on those days.

Here’s what I found for each GT football home opener and the high temperature at 2:00 pm on those days:

September 20, 1969, home (season) opener vs SMU (won 24-21): 64 degrees.

September 12, 1970, home (season) opener vs South Carolina (won 23-20), 78 degrees.

September 18, 1971, home opener (2nd game of the season) vs Michigan State (won 10-0), 74 degrees.

vadimivich

Georgia Tech Fan
Great find! I also decided to google GT’s historical football schedules for home openers in 1969, 1970, and 1971, and then searched the official historical weather data available for Atlanta (at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport) on those days.

Here’s what I found for each GT football home opener and the high temperature at 2:00 pm on those days:

September 20, 1969, home (season) opener vs SMU (won 24-21): 64 degrees.

September 12, 1970, home (season) opener vs South Carolina (won 23-20), 78 degrees.

September 18, 1971, home opener (2nd game of the season) vs Michigan State (won 10-0), 74 degrees.

Yeah, the weather in the south for that decade was substantially cooler than it is now.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
If we put a winning product on the field we will be selected for prime time night slots and attendance problem will solve itself... B2B eight win seasons would be a start to this...
Somebody tell Bama they need to win more since they're complaining about having to play in the middle of the day like the rest of the peons.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If we put a winning product on the field we will be selected for prime time night slots and attendance problem will solve itself... B2B eight win seasons would be a start to this...
That's not how TV works...

Ohio State is starting the year with 3 straight nooners. I also believe someone crunched the numbers in recent years with Duke and WF getting later kickoffs than us.

The TV schedule is created to maximize eyeballs and revenue.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
coolseats.com

I was at The Players a couple years ago and they had these behind a couple of the greens. I’ll just say I wasn’t hot sitting on them.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
That's not how TV works...

Ohio State is starting the year with 3 straight nooners. I also believe someone crunched the numbers in recent years with Duke and WF getting later kickoffs than us.

The TV schedule is created to maximize eyeballs and revenue.

Fox is putting their best games on at noon to counter program CBS and ESPN