Need Adjustment at Halftime

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think all Tech fans are quite aware of this. We also allowed Miami back in the game by completely crapping the bed on O the entire 2nd half including punt, punt, punt on the last 3 possessions. It was a TEAM loss.

This pretty much sums it up.

It's not like this was a 64-65 final score and we scored on almost every drive and all the D needed to do was make athree stops all game. D forced 6 punts and mutiple field goals.

Our special teams is a big part of this too. Coasch stated that basically we couldn't make a 43 yard FG.
Also, KO coverage is wanting. They had a few very good returns. Granted this has been a problem all year.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The offense has plenty of guilt, no doubt.

---
I am still waiting for someone to explain the rationale for not kicking the field goal on 4th and 6 at the 25. Surely our kickers can make that on a consistent basis!! That one goes to back to the head coach...and I love the guy.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am still waiting for someone to explain the rationale for not kicking the field goal on 4th and 6 at the 25. Surely our kickers can make that on a consistent basis!! That one goes to back to the head coach...and I love the guy.
Coach Paul Johnson said that the special teams coach stated that the "kicker could not kick it that far" (at least not very consistently).

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Not saying it was all Roof. But, 2 times now the D lost a game in the last minutes. Yes, if Stewart would had made the catch, we win. If the ball would have bounced different on the 4th and 10, we win. I'm saying our soft defensive play is the issue. We allowed Miami back in the game, by soft coverage. The O needs to be practically perfect to win big games. Relying on our D has failed 2 out of 2 times. Luck or not.
I respectfully disagree. Our defense kept us in this game after the offense went to sleep. They made a bunch of stops in the 2nd half to hold the lead. Sitting in the stands I kept asking the offense....just 3 first downs guys, just 3 first downs. Nope 3 and out. Then defense stops them again; and offense stinks it up again. I don't know what game you were watching....but you seem to have an agenda that is not based on reality.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach Paul Johnson said that the special teams coach stated that the "kicker could not kick it that far" (at least not very consistently).
Jesus....just throw them under the bus. He recruited the guys - surely they can kick 42 yards. They were both hitting from 50 plus in warm-ups.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Jesus....just throw them under the bus. He recruited the guys - surely they can kick 42 yards. They were both hitting from 50 plus in warm-ups.
Didn't throw anybody under the bus he just stated the facts.
Do you try for a field goal there with less than a 5% chance of making it? Or do you go for a first down with maybe a 10 to 20% chance of making it?
Just asking to make a point. Not trying to get into an argument.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Davis was hurt, he injured his knee on the K.O. where he was in on the tackle and King is still not a 100%, on a sloppy field I would have done the same thing PJ did.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Davis was hurt, he injured his knee on the K.O. where he was in on the tackle and King is still not a 100%, on a sloppy field I would have done the same thing PJ did.
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure Davis got hurt later in the game. Both were practicing during halftime from 50+; and hitting.